Search found 8 matches

by lydiatheys
03 Oct 2014, 17:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: advice about NYC consulate
Replies: 5
Views: 2484

Re: advice about NYC consulate

I have no advice--sorry!--but from everything I have read there is a fair amount of personal discretion on the part of the Consulate personnel in how and when they make their decisions. In other words, it is not like you can just go in and point to a rule and say, hey, nobody is following this. Best...
by lydiatheys
03 Oct 2014, 17:55
Topic: Chances of dual citizenship lost?
Replies: 8
Views: 3903

Re: Chances of dual citizenship lost?

At which consulate will you be applying? Some are more strict than others. NY is reputedly one of the strictest.
by lydiatheys
27 Sep 2014, 17:36
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Catanzaro Town Name: Abbreviation?
Replies: 7
Views: 1389

Re: Catanzaro Town Name: Abbreviation?

Wow! You guys are pretty cool, you know that? Thank you so much! I keep running into this Crotone issue, because my grandfather on the other side of my family was born in Crucoli which also is now in Crotone. I am going to look into this more this weekend using all your information. I really appreci...
by lydiatheys
27 Sep 2014, 00:59

Re: Catanzaro Town Name: Abbreviation?

Thanks, TerrLavoro. That's an interesting point. I would appreciate it. Her name is Chiara Sacco. And you can see from the above that she arrived on Sep 15 1898 on the Kaiser Wilhelm from Genoa to NY. She is at the top of the page. Rosa Bartolotta at the bottom of the previous page is apparently fro...
by lydiatheys
26 Sep 2014, 22:53
Topic: Jure sanguinis citizenship questions
Replies: 6
Views: 2273

Re: Jure sanguinis citizenship questions

I made an appointment in August 2014 and received a date of January 28, 2016. Not 2015. This is for NY. All your documents need to be long form, certified, translated into Italian and Apostiled. Obviously, records from Italy do not require translation. Also, of you are going through NY and some of y...
by lydiatheys
26 Sep 2014, 22:27

Catanzaro Town Name: Abbreviation?

Hello, I am having a lot of difficulty reading the name of this town. It is listed twice on the ship manifest I am interested in because it appears that three people were traveling together and one was at the end of a page, so they rewrote the town of last residence at the top of the next page. This...
by lydiatheys
09 Sep 2014, 04:57
Topic: Help Translating Tricky Birth Record, Please?
Replies: 3
Views: 1021

Re: Help Translating Tricky Birth Record, Please?

Thank you so much,erudita!

This woman is likely to be a cousin or some relative of my direct ancestors. I came across it browsing the records for the town. It looks as if there is quite a story there. Especially given the child's name.
by lydiatheys
09 Sep 2014, 00:46
Topic: Help Translating Tricky Birth Record, Please?
Replies: 3
Views: 1021

Help Translating Tricky Birth Record, Please?

Hello, Can anyone help me with this translation? It is off the usual track and I have gotten lost. What I think I can read: In 1871 on the 8th day of September in the Community House (?) (something about 16) a me Gennaro Lucaro judge (/) of this comune of Scala Coeli, something Rossano, province of ...