Search found 16 matches

by susansciolino
04 Mar 2015, 22:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Helping me find the birthplace of two of my Gr Grandfathers
Replies: 13
Views: 1407

Re: Helping me find the birthplace of two of my Gr Grandfath

Is there anyway I can find out if Stefano Di Marco, my Gr Grandfather, was born in Corbara, Italy around 1862?
by susansciolino
04 Mar 2015, 17:06

Yes, that is their oldest daughter, Christina. I have never been able to find a marriage record for Stefano & Celesta; but thanks to this forum I've been fortunate to find out more about Celesta's family. It's Stefano (my Gr Grandfather) that I cannot locate much of his family information (birth...
by susansciolino
04 Mar 2015, 16:29

Yes, that is Felix's Mother :) Thank you so much. Apparently she came over to live with Felix after his Father passed away. Is there anyway that you might know how I can find out the father's name? Very grateful for this info!!! Plus still hoping to hear anything about my other GR Grandfather, Stefa...
by susansciolino
04 Mar 2015, 16:15

I'm not sure? Maybe?? That's one reason I would like to find out more about Stefano...we can't find out much about him, his family, birthplace etc...However when he came to America who managed to have 13 children with Celesta (one of which was my Grandfather). So....he has been our mystery man! Any ...
by susansciolino
04 Mar 2015, 15:10

Yes! That is my Great Grandfather & Grandmother! I was able (thanks to this forum find Celesta's birthplace and immigration information), but Stefano's records just state "Italy" and never where in Italy? Or anything about his parents? Or I just can't seem to find anything with that in...
by susansciolino
04 Mar 2015, 14:51

YES! That is him! Thank you so much, because the Draft Registration I found only stated "Naples" and I wanted to narrow it down. That is actually the same town that his wife's parent's were married in...so it definitely makes sense!! I wonder, if knowing that his Mother's name is "Phi...
by susansciolino
04 Mar 2015, 02:55

Helping me find the birthplace of two of my Gr Grandfathers

Hello!! I am trying to find the birthplace for my two Great Grandfathers below: Stefano Di Marco- born June 1862, Italy. I think came to the US from Naples on the ship Bolivia on March 28, 1892. But it only states "S DiMarco" and I'm not that confident. I am wondering where in Italy he was...
by susansciolino
02 Mar 2015, 15:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Trying to Determine Ship that My GR Grandmother Came Over On
Replies: 3
Views: 734

Re: Trying to Determine Ship that My GR Grandmother Came Ove

Just learned (**thank you PippoM) that my Gr Grandmother's maiden name while in Italy could have been "Napodano" or "Napolano". So...Celesta Napodano/Napolano/Naporano....then her married name became Celesta DiMarco. Family from Cobara, Italy. Immigrated to New York around 1892-1...
by susansciolino
02 Mar 2015, 15:14
Topic: Ship Manifest for the Iniziativa 1890 Naples to NY
Replies: 18
Views: 2754

Re: Ship Manifest for the Iniziativa 1890 Naples to NY

I did notice "Corbara" as what was stated as their son's birthplace on his "Declaration for Intention", when he became Naturalized. So that does coincide with what you say. So thank you for confirming that! Interesting about the surname! I'd love to find out if we are are related...
by susansciolino
02 Mar 2015, 03:30

Yes! It was Caralina Orlando DeGiuseppi. Fingers crossed! Thank you!
by susansciolino
02 Mar 2015, 00:05
Topic: Trying to Determine Ship that My GR Grandmother Came Over On
Replies: 3
Views: 734

Trying to Determine Ship that My GR Grandmother Came Over On

Hello! Just wondering if you can help me determine what ship (from Naples) my Gr Grandmother came to NY on? I can't find any records for her? Her name is Celesta Naporano (not sure if she used her married name- Celesta DiMarco). Estimated date of arrival was 1892 around the age of 13 or 14? And who ...
by susansciolino
01 Mar 2015, 18:51

I am so thankful to you! I really appreciate this! Interesting because I thought he came over with his wife, Carolina, but she must have come here later with her children. You are wonderful. Thank you again!