by MLLorre
15 Jun 2016, 09:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need Research Help
Replies: 1
Views: 566

Need Research Help

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there are any genealogists who would be able to do some research in the Ascoli Piceno/Montegallo area, or if anyone can refer me to someone who does this?

Thanks,

Mary
by MLLorre
26 Jun 2015, 17:11
Topic: Lappa Family
Replies: 17
Views: 2371

Re: Lappa Family

PippoM....I thought I answered your post, but maybe not. If 'Uncle Jackie' WAS a cousin, it's possible that the Antonio Lori listed as my grandfather's uncle is Jackie's father....and even though my grandfather was often called Jack or Jake, it never occurred to me that Jack Lori would be the same.....
by MLLorre
24 Jun 2015, 12:53

PippoM...

That could be 'uncle Jackie'...not sure. I know my grandfather (without the 'v' in his name) was called Jack and/or Jake, too. It's certainly worth looking into, thank you! I've not come across that piece of info...it's sometimes frustrating, but not something I can give up on. :)
by MLLorre
23 Jun 2015, 08:23

I was told that he was adopted by an uncle. Why, I don't know. Never thought to ask when the people who would know were still here...but at that point in my life, when I was that young, it never occurred to me. My dad knew what the original name was, and he remembered letters from Italy from both si...
by MLLorre
23 Jun 2015, 06:59

I did ask one of the few family members left if 'Angotti' meant anything, and she said no. I did some looking to make sure, but I think you're right, Biff---it has to be a corruption of Gioacchino, same as Joseph Akin is on his WW2 draft card. I happened to find their first child's death certificate...
by MLLorre
23 Jun 2015, 06:53

Suanj, Thanks so much for your replies! I'm wondering if she (Adalgisa Lappa) was part of an arranged marriage? Did they do that then? She emigrated 7 years after he did, yet the reason on the ship manifest was because she was 'betrothed to Gioacchino Lori'. He never went back that I'm aware of. App...
by MLLorre
22 Jun 2015, 13:38

Hi Marty... It's more confusing than that. Lori was the name of an uncle who adopted him, what his true surname was, I have no idea and the family (what's left of it) doesn't know. I can't even get a copy of his death certificate here because I need to give them his parents' names, which I don't kno...
by MLLorre
21 Jun 2015, 10:22

Lappa Family

Hi all...looking for any info about Adalgisa Lappa from the Montegallo region. She emigrated to the US in 1920 and went to Uniontown, PA where she married my grandfather, Gioacchino Lori (and I can find NOTHING about him). Her parents were Enrico and Margherita Lappa. If anyone has any suggestions o...