Birth and Death Certificates for Giacomo and Luigi Palermo

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
davey1025

Birth and Death Certificates for Giacomo and Luigi Palermo

Post by davey1025 »

Trying to get documents on the birth of my great great grandfather Giacomo Palermo born in 1819 in Ruoti Italy. His parents were Vito Canio Palermo and Gennara Grieco. Who would I contact in Ruoti to get a copy .

Also the death certificate for Luigi Palermo born 1841 in Ruoti died 1898 . His parents were Giacomo and Domenica Florio.

is there a cemetery or grave locator for people buried in Italy?

Appreciate any help you can give.

David Palermo
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth and Death Certificates for Giacomo and Luigi Paler

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Luigi Palermo
INDEX#29
1898 June 4th in the town of Ruoti death of Luigi Palermo age 57 farmer born in Ruoti son of Giacomo Palermo and Domenica Florio husband if deceased Arcangela Zuccarella
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
31053_A500577-00009.jpg
How about renting microfilms from Family History Library for Giacomo Palermo and Domenica Florio birth records they go to 1697-1939 there are partial records online
PG LINK TO RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
davey1025

Post by davey1025 »

thank you marty, when you are able can you translate Luigi document for me/

Is there anyway of finding out where their burial site is located? as in which cemetery he is in?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

No cause of death no cemetery listed
You know that unless the family has kept up with the plot it is resold and the remains are exhumed and put in a community grave site because of limited burial space

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
davey1025

Post by davey1025 »

wow that's interesting.......
are you able to translate that doc for me?
also is there a municipal office I can fax, email or contact to find these types of documents/

Thanks for all your help

Dave
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death of Luigi Palermo
Dated 5 June 1898 at the town office at 8:10 am
Before the official Giuseppe Corleone appeared
Vito Palermo age 28, farmer and Giovanni Mupo, age 68,farmer both residing in Ruoti,
To declare that at 12 PM on the 4th of the month of June, in the town of Ruoti, at home at via Porte died Luigi Palermo age 57 farmer born in Ruoti widower of Arcangela Zuccarella son of Giacomo Palermo and Domenica Florio born and residing in Ruoti both peasant farmers who resided in Ruoti.
I read the present act to all the participants, and it was signed below by civil official and the declarants Angelo Sabia age 57 and Vincenzo Parfilo age 47

I think Giacomo Palermo and Domenica Florio died in the USA
Records are online on familysearch.org indexes are at the end of the year type of records you are searching for

PG LINK TO RUOTI RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043547

ABOUT ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records

Marty

Marty