looking for Cergnul Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: looking for Cergnul Family

Post by jcsm400 »

There are filmed records (vital records 1536-1910) for the town of Albona that you can rent & view at your local LDS-Family History Center

Here is a link to the available films.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... Dna+knjiga++

These are Catholic Church records & the film note states that the text is in Italian & Latin.

And here is a link to lacate your local Family History Center.

Film rental is $5.50/5.75 for 1st month & can be renewed. If you renew the film 3X it stays at your local FHC.

Added note: Albona, Kustenland, Austria>later Albona, Pola, Italy>now Albona, Croatia

Hope this helps.

jcsm :)
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

However you also can write toitalian association in Albona(Labin) and ask all info for to have the civil records and also for to know abt the descendants...

cipo @ pu.t-com.hr NO SPACES

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Hey everyone,

Yes I would love to find living desendants of Antonio or Matteo! Antonio's daughter Ida would of been living somewhere near him I would suppose whicj was in Monfalcone. Matteo's girls Ida, Maria and Giulia as I said were in Belgrade working as nurses.

The ship manifest that you guys found sounds like if could be him but I have his some of his NA papers and they say that he arrived here on the Carpathia. My grandfather always told me that Giovanni jumped ship when the Carpathia brought back to people saved from the Titanic, then he went on to live in Pennslyvania and worked in the coal mines.

Frank Cergnul was their mystery brother they talk about him their letters that I have. Frank was the outsider of the family he never wrote and in one letter the say that the Carabinieri bought Antonio and Matteo in to question about the whereabouta of their brother Frank. In another letter Antonio mention that Frank was caught doing illegal things by the French police and was sent to prison for 6 months and had to pay back some money.Any idea on how to find out which prison or what happened?
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Does anyone know of a town the used to be called Arsia maybe near the towns of Cacoti? or Carpano? Matteo my great grandfathers brother lived there I think. let me know , thanks again to everyone who has been helping me. I you need something let me know If I can help you I will.
Kristina
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

suanj wrote:However you also can write toitalian association in Albona(Labin) and ask all info for to have the civil records and also for to know abt the descendants...

regards, suanj
Hi kristine,
for to find the descendant and all civil record, you must write here http://www.cipo.hr/comunitad.asp?cat=12&id_com=2
as already saying
because they and only they can help you, because is very hard to read the webpages of croatia, and only the italians living in this place can help you for the records and more... abt Frank I know that the court sentence is wrote on "fedina penale" as a card for all cout sentences about the crimes of a person.. and this purpose I believe that ricbru member can help you, because for first thing is resident in the north east italy and for second he know this matter, so i believe that about Frank jail, with time and job you will know.... best regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi cerg, my previous advice is very good, and this article belve confirm it, because in the years many thing changing... so also IN AND FOR WWII°.. the article:

Sono profugo da Fiume – racconta Azaleo Cergnul -. Sono venuto in Italia insieme a mio fratello. Avevo 23 anni. E mio fratello 26. Siamo andati a vivere al campo profughi di Gaeta, alla caserma Cavour. Mia madre no. Una delle condizioni che riguardava la possibilità di rimpatriare l’avevano delegata alla Jugoslavia, che decideva quale “elementoâ€Â

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Suanj,

I am having a hard time understanding what you mean. The email address that you sent , what do I need to send them for them to help me?
Also I am not sure what Ricbru member means is that a group that can help? How would I contact them? thank you very much, you are being very helpful. I think that my family was mostly from the Friuli-Venezia Giulia area, do you know of any cemetary records for the area on in internet?
thanks again
Sincerely, Kristina
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the email is for to write to italian society in Albona: they can help for to find the civil records, for to have the right addresses for civil records request, for to know the Cergnul descendant names, the locations and more....

Ricbru can help you about the right advice about Frank jail record...

No cemeteries on line in Italy .........

In Friuli Venezia Giulia region, currently, is living only a Cergnul Maria Laura in Trieste , maybe related with you http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... c=&x=0&y=0
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Hello Suanj,

how do I contact ricbru? Do you know of this town called Arsia?
Also on my Great Grandfather's NA papers it says something about a place called Blatto, Bergot and then further in the papers it says his last know residence is in Blatto, Italia.Do you know where these places are or where? thank you again.
Regards, Kristina
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Kristina,

Richru is a member on this forum. You could try sending him a PM.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

You can private message Riccardo at this link.......

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Priv ... =9463.html

wldspirit
SVadigno

Post by SVadigno »

Hello Kristina - my name is Silvana and I have sent you an email (I got some names mixed up in that) to try and contact you after seeing this forum.
My mother was Maria Cergnul born in San Martino Albona
Her mother was Giovanna Cergnul and her father was Matteo Cergnul who worked in the Navy and went to America all through the early 20's and 30's.
My mother had 1 sister name Emilia and 9 brothers including Goeseppe, Fanko, Matteo, Giovanni. I am also trying to find my ancestors from that region.