Translation Marriage Francesco Saverio Passarelli and Maria Gaetana Lacarusso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Would someone kindly correct and add any omissions to my translation of the marriage records of Francesco Saverio Passarelli and Maria Gaetana Lacarusso. I believe there is mention of 9 records provided. I am unable to find the Matrimoni processetti. Any help finding it and translations would be greatly appreciated.

Marriage Record:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 22/0Zjdaxp #34

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 30/5vOm32q #36

Groom: Francesco Saverio Passarelli, age 37 b. in Celenza a shepard living in Petto? Commune, Finestroni? Street. Son of Michele a shepard, deceased and Antonia Gelsi, deceased.

Bride: Maria Gaetana Lacarusso age 28, born in Celenza, Dritta Street? Daughter of Michele a peasant farmer deceased and Angela Petti deceased living in ?

Marriage promise: 12 Nov 1838

Marriage : ?

Provided 9 documents?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation Marriage Francesco Saverio Passarelli and Maria Gaetana Lacarusso

Post by Tessa78 »

EMTLP wrote: 01 May 2024, 01:46 Translation Marriage Francesco Saverio Passarelli and Maria Gaetana Lacarusso

Would someone kindly correct and add any omissions to my translation of the marriage records of Francesco Saverio Passarelli and Maria Gaetana Lacarusso. I believe there is mention of 9 records provided. I am unable to find the Matrimoni processetti. Any help finding it and translations would be greatly appreciated.

Marriage Record:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 22/0Zjdaxp #34

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 30/5vOm32q #36

Groom: Francesco Saverio Passarelli, age 37 b. in Celenza a shepard living in detto comune (said town= so Celenza? Strada, Finestroni? Street. Son of Michele a shepard, deceased and Antonia Gelsi, deceased.

Bride: Maria Gaetana Lacarusso age 27 born in Celenza, Dritta Street? Daughter of Michele a peasant farmer deceased and Angela Petti living iwith her daughter ?

Marriage in church: 12 Nov 1838

Marriage : the first record is the marriage. 10 November 1838
The second record you posted is the notification of marriage dated 4 November 1838

Provided 9 documents?
1 birth act of groom
2 death act of groom's father
3 death act of groom's paternal grandfather
4 death act of groom's mother
5 birth act of bride
6 death act of bride's father
7 death act of paternal grandfather of bride
8 act of publication in the town
9 no opposition to marriage

T.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Re: Translation Marriage Francesco Saverio Passarelli and Maria Gaetana Lacarusso

Post by EMTLP »

Tessa, As always you are phenomenonal! Thank you for your help.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Happy to help!

The processetti can be found here. There is no cover page.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 22/58DWbBd

T.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Tessa78 wrote: 01 May 2024, 05:32
EMTLP wrote: 01 May 2024, 01:46 ...
Bride: Maria Gaetana Iacaruso age 27 born in Celenza, Dritta Street? Daughter of Michele a peasant farmer deceased and Angela Petti living in detto with her daughter

T.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Thank you for the spelling correction and translation confirmation. I often see the name lacaruso as jacaruso but I thought there is no J in Italian. Is that correct?
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

In archaic Italian you can find "j" in diphthongs. So also Jacaruso, as well as Iacaruso.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Thank you for the clarification. Looking at the processetti in 1838 there are subscript letters that appear as part of the text. Is this some form of calligraphy? It looks nice but adds another challenge when trying to read the script.

I have been trying to translate the 9 pages associated with the marriage of Francesco Saverio Passarelli and Maria Gaetana Lacarusso. Some of the pages come up as a fetching error. I can see them in the gallery view but can't open them individually.

If someone can add to my translation attempts with corrections and additions I would greatly appreciate it. The documents are on pages 64-72. This is the link: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 22/58DWbBd

The documents don't appear to be in order as listed on the marriage record.
There is a lot of information contained in these documents that I do not have yet regarding the bride and groom's parents and grandparents.

This is what I can see:
page 64 - Birth Act of the Groom
Francesco Saverio Passeralli b. 27 Aug 1801
parents Michele Passerelli and Antonia Gelsi

page 65-Birth act of the bride
Marie Gaetana Lacaruso b. 23 June????
parents Michele Lacaruso age ? and Angela Petti age ?

page 66 - Death Act of groom's father or paternal grandfather?
d. 18 Sept 1828 age 60
certificate number 255?

page 67- error message "Failed to Fetch"

Thank you for your help.
Eileen
page 68- Death Act of the groom's mother
Antonia Gelsi died 3 June ??? age 25???

page 69- error message "Failed to Fetch"

page 70- error message - Failed to Fetch"

Page 71- error message - Failed to Fetch"

Page 72- error message - Failed to Fetch"
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Maria Gaetana IACARUSO, not LACARUSO