Carpathia crew manifest help please?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Carpathia crew manifest help please?

Post by cerg »

Thank you everyone for your advice!!!! I am getting ready to check out the the link to the old thread!!!!

thanks again for the advice!!!!

Kristina
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Hello Again!!

I really enjoyed reading the old thread, lots of good information there!!

I was wondering something, I am putting all of my information together to show the family what I have found so far. Should I include the information that I have not verified yet and just let them know that it has not been verified yet? Thank you guys for your input!!

Kristina
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Kristina,

Thats up to you. I wouldn't really say anything until I verified my facts but thats just my opinion. I did that once and what an arguement it caused. Everyone wanted proof.

Put together the confirmed stuffs and let them know you are still working on a few other things. If they ask you about something specifically just let them know then that you can't confirm it but will get back to thm once you can.

Save yourself the headache..its supposed to be fun.

Any other opinions???

nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

I would write up that which is absolute fact. Then I would include other information on another page that has been considered, but not yet verified. Specifically ask them if they have any ideas. It could lead to other suggestions, tidbits, etc, that can help.

And nuccia is right: IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!

And family research should be shared.....that is what family is all about.
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Thank you!

Thnaks fo ryour opions guys, I really apperciate it. I think that i will have the problem that Nuccia was talking about. The fact that everyone in the family believes that Giovanni was on the Carpathia and almost helped in the rescue of the Titanic can not be proven. Even if the record of arrival that I have for him is correct it was a year after the Titanic sunk.Then Maria found a 1914 Florida manifest for him that is also a good possibilty. Thanks for the input.

Kristina
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Hello Everyone!!

I wanted to share the information with everyone that I recieved from Croatia!! I am hoping that maybe someone might have some advice on what I should do next. I am hoping that this information that I got leads me to find some living family, But I am not sure how to go about doing it.

Any Advice....... Here is a link to the info..

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4508/doc1ll9.jpg

I am sorry if my link does not work... I will try it again if it doesn't... I am still not very good at this linking thing.. :oops:

Kristina
lafox1

Post by lafox1 »

Hi, I just saw this post as my maiden name is Faraguna and I am from Shamokin, PA orignially. According to your posts, many people on the Carpathia settled in Shamokin. I was also aware of a man by the name of Joe Supsec that was also on the Carpatian and lived in Shamokin. My Grandfather, Joseph Faraguna was on the next ship to the Titanic the "Adriatic".
Let me know if you need any info, I may be able to ask back home.
nicoledkelley

Post by nicoledkelley »

lafox1 wrote:Hi, I just saw this post as my maiden name is Faraguna and I am from Shamokin, PA orignially. According to your posts, many people on the Carpathia settled in Shamokin. I was also aware of a man by the name of Joe Supsec that was also on the Carpatian and lived in Shamokin. My Grandfather, Joseph Faraguna was on the next ship to the Titanic the "Adriatic".
Let me know if you need any info, I may be able to ask back home.
Hello,
I am also looking for the Nov 24 1913 crew list for the Carpathia and have been in touch with Kristina in the past. My Great Grandfather Dominick Radovich also went to Shamokin, PA. He was a coal miner there for some time! If you can see if anyone heard of him back then, that would be great. He died young, though in 1946.
Thank you!
Nicole