Search found 4 matches

by kd1219
06 May 2004, 08:54
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Locating immigration/naturalization records
Replies: 7
Views: 10175

that is such a help....

Thank you so much!!!.... that is such a help to me as i had NO idea where to go from here.
by kd1219
06 May 2004, 08:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Problems finding original Italian surname
Replies: 7
Views: 8159

Thank you......

Thank You Peter .... i will do that......... !! :D
by kd1219
06 May 2004, 08:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Problems finding original Italian surname
Replies: 7
Views: 8159

Problems finding original Italian surname

I have learned that my great grandfather was born in Sicily....and both of his parents were born in Sicily (according to the US census records).

He is listed as John Pocus ..... but Pocus is not an Italian surname. The previous census has no John Pocus.....but has a Jno Pakase .... is this Italian ...
by kd1219
06 May 2004, 08:20
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Locating immigration/naturalization records
Replies: 7
Views: 10175

Locating immigration/naturalization records

I just started researching my family history a few months ago. I have found out that my great grandfather was from Sicily. I am trying to find out more about 'when' he came and if he was naturalized. The problem is that apparently his surname was changed and i have no way to find his records because ...