I think Spinola is saying that the Surname database does not function
properly. When you click the link it says: sorry such file doesn't
exist. I suppose its something for the moderators to fix.
giovanna
Search found 6 matches
- 13 Jun 2004, 21:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Surnames ( Database )
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9988
- 06 Jun 2004, 22:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: immigration confusion
- Replies: 11
- Views: 14104
Re: immigration confusion
I didn't think it was entirely impossible. It just seems really weird that inorder to "hide" yourself you would worry about changing a birth certificate.
I just presumed that it was a "Z" on the document, as the last name is Zigaro or some variation beginning w/ a "Z" on all of the documents I ...
I just presumed that it was a "Z" on the document, as the last name is Zigaro or some variation beginning w/ a "Z" on all of the documents I ...
- 06 Jun 2004, 21:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: immigration confusion
- Replies: 11
- Views: 14104
Re: immigration confusion
Thanks for the help Peter. I will write the town. I have a question, we all thought that it was an Z not an F on the manisfest. Though I am not terribly familiar with handwriting forms in early 1900 America. I do have Maria's birth record and it says the last name is Zicaro, and on Maria's wedding ...
- 06 Jun 2004, 21:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: immigration confusion
- Replies: 11
- Views: 14104
Re: immigration confusion
The father's last name was Zigaro. Where did Figaro come from? According to my records his last name varied from Zicaro to Zingaro to Zecchera, but no Figaro.
- 06 Jun 2004, 21:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: immigration confusion
- Replies: 11
- Views: 14104
Re: immigration confusion
Hi,
Thanks for your replies.
I know the ship name and everything. I have a copy of the ship manifest as they came through Ellis Island. The daughters : Maria and Caropita were 12 and 9 years old. The mother's name was Theresa Feraco. We've tried looking through various records, and just can't ...
Thanks for your replies.
I know the ship name and everything. I have a copy of the ship manifest as they came through Ellis Island. The daughters : Maria and Caropita were 12 and 9 years old. The mother's name was Theresa Feraco. We've tried looking through various records, and just can't ...
- 26 May 2004, 19:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: immigration confusion
- Replies: 11
- Views: 14104
immigration confusion
Hello everyone,
I am new to the board. I have been doing research on my family, and have come across some interesting and strange stuff. I was hoping maybe someone here had some more info.
When my great-great grandomther (Teresa Feraco) came over in 1901, she brought her to daughters. While they ...
I am new to the board. I have been doing research on my family, and have come across some interesting and strange stuff. I was hoping maybe someone here had some more info.
When my great-great grandomther (Teresa Feraco) came over in 1901, she brought her to daughters. While they ...