Search found 2 matches

by butchergirl
02 Jul 2004, 14:37
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Can someone tell me the origin of my name?
Replies: 5
Views: 13390

Re: Can someone tell me the origin of my name?

Thanks for the info, Peter. How can I find out if it was used as in a "local" dialect?

Also, my mother has been tracing her Sicilian roots and she has come across a snag. Her maiden name is Vizzio, but when my youngest brother was in Italy, he was told that it must have been changed from something ...
by butchergirl
01 Jul 2004, 22:54
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Can someone tell me the origin of my name?
Replies: 5
Views: 13390

Can someone tell me the origin of my name?

I have always been told that my last name, Viscariello, is translated as "little butcher" or "little doctor". I know that anything ending in -iello, -ella, or similar means "little" or "small"