Search found 11 matches

by Brini
23 Sep 2004, 18:41
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Alternative to US Birth Certificate for It Citizenship
Replies: 17
Views: 16784

Re: Alternative to US Birth Certificate for It Citizenship

Dear yznhymer,

To change the topic a bit here, I was wondering if you've been able to connect with the SF consulate at all? I'm also going through them and it appears that they've shut shop for a while. Have you heard from them or received any information?
by Brini
27 Aug 2004, 08:40
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Marriage & Divorce Certificates
Replies: 1
Views: 4558

Marriage & Divorce Certificates

I am applying for citizenship jure sanguinis through my mother. She divorced my father and remarried. Does anyone know if the consulate requires the marriage certificates from both of her marriages in addition to her divorce certificate... if so, then I'm assuming they must have an apostille with ...
by Brini
19 Aug 2004, 09:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Pros and cons of dual citizenship
Replies: 19
Views: 30249

Re: Pros and cons of dual citizenship

I think it's also important to understand that having dual citizenship doesn't mean you have to live in Italy, as wonderful as it is there. There are 25 EU countries that all have their own unique benefits and opportunities.
by Brini
22 Jul 2004, 13:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Comune says "No Records Found"
Replies: 24
Views: 27676

Re: Comune says "No Records Found"

Thanks so much, suanj!

You mentioned in your last post to "search in passenger arrival in New Orleans 1870/1904 are free on line." I have looked extensively for an onlien list for arrivals into New Orleans between those dates and haven't found anything. Can you get me a link for an online database ...
by Brini
22 Jul 2004, 08:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Comune says "No Records Found"
Replies: 24
Views: 27676

Re: Comune says "No Records Found"

suanj, your information has been helpful in perhpas correcting the spelling of my great grandma's maiden name. Thanks.

I still find Essgee's insight interesting. Can anyone reccomend how I would go about confirming (or disproving) whether or not Casteldaccia's records were damaged? Will the Comune ...
by Brini
21 Jul 2004, 21:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Comune says "No Records Found"
Replies: 24
Views: 27676

Re: Comune says "No Records Found"

Thanks, Essgee, for your good insight. We'll see how things will work out.
by Brini
21 Jul 2004, 21:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Comune says "No Records Found"
Replies: 24
Views: 27676

Re: Comune says "No Records Found"

Thanks so much for all your help.

My great grandma's name was ANTONINA CALO, born 15 August 1884 to FRANCESCO CALO and MARIANNA AELLA (or AILLA?). She married my great grandfather, LEONARDO SAMPERI who was from Mezzojuso. They got married in New Orleans. That's about all the info I have on Antonina ...
by Brini
21 Jul 2004, 08:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Comune says "No Records Found"
Replies: 24
Views: 27676

Re: Comune says "No Records Found"

Italian Citizenship & Geneology Services (AKA myitaliancitizenship.com)
by Brini
21 Jul 2004, 06:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Comune says "No Records Found"
Replies: 24
Views: 27676

Re: Comune says "No Records Found"

I actually went through ICGS. I have had success requesting certificates from other comuni for other ancestors; I've requested them on my own. Perhaps I should try to request the one from Casteldaccia on my own, but I fully trust the services of ICGS.
by Brini
20 Jul 2004, 22:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Comune says "No Records Found"
Replies: 24
Views: 27676

Re: Comune says "No Records Found"

I'm very certain that her birthdate is correct; it's 15 August 1884. From the 1930 Census she immigrated in 1900 (and I believe that it was from Palermo to New Orleans). My great grandfather's Declaration of Intention states that her place of birth was Casteldaccia and other relatives seem to think ...
by Brini
20 Jul 2004, 20:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Comune says "No Records Found"
Replies: 24
Views: 27676

Comune says "No Records Found"

I am certain that my great grandmother was born in Casteldaccia (near Palermo) but the Comune there recently said that they found no records (birth certificate) under her name. Her last name is Calo and I even gave an alternative spelling of Callo. I gave her exact birthdate, parents' names... but ...