Search found 12 matches
- 17 Sep 2004, 18:22
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
Hi, everyone! I have another question: How many provinces does Sassari has and what are there names. The reason why I ask, is because I just found out today that La Maddalena is also a province of Sassari. I sent emails to the municipi of the provinces of Sassari ( Ossi,Sorso and Sennori) I know my ...
- 31 Aug 2004, 13:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
HI, GOOD NEWS! the comune municipi of Sassari, email my cousin and after the corrections on the birth day of my grandfather, we found that his birth is registered in Sassari. The first time I email them, the year of birth was incorret so my cousin email then back with the corrections and there he ...
- 24 Aug 2004, 11:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
Hi! thanks for all your help. I want it to ask you if you know by any chance if the comuni of Sorso, Senori or Ossi have an email address that I could send also an email? The one you gave for the comune of Sassari have been very helpful.
Thanks,
Lorena
Thanks,
Lorena
- 19 Aug 2004, 13:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
Hello! I finally got answer from the Comune di Sassari. I don't understand everything. Can someone help me with the translation. Here is the letter:
In riferimento alla Vs. richiesta di accertamento anagrafico a nome di Messina Giovanni, nato il 21/03/1886 e deceduto nel 1926, si comunica che, dopo ...
In riferimento alla Vs. richiesta di accertamento anagrafico a nome di Messina Giovanni, nato il 21/03/1886 e deceduto nel 1926, si comunica che, dopo ...
- 04 Aug 2004, 18:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
I didn't mail the letter, I use the email that Suanj gave me and sent it. Now I will be mailing the letter with the complete address you just gave me. I am using the letter that Suanj made for me. Thanks for all your information, I hope I didn't sound pushi on the last post , I didn't mean that. I ...
- 04 Aug 2004, 11:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
Thanks, I tried to email that letter to the site you suggested, but the letter came back to me saying that was undeliverable. Also I call to the cementeries but nobody speaks English or Spanish. I need someone who speak italian that can help comunicate with them. Do you know another site that is ...
- 03 Aug 2004, 07:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
Thank you, both of you. You are the best! love ya, guys
Lorena
Lorena
- 02 Aug 2004, 16:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
OK Peter, this is what is going on: I just spoke with my cousin and all the info I new was pretty much wrong, well I mean about the place of birth of my grandfather. He was born on March 1882 on Sassari, Sardinia and he died on 1926. He got sick on Panama and he was sent to his place of birth. I don ...
- 01 Aug 2004, 18:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
Thanks Ricardo, it did help. I couldn't sumit the letter, but I got a free translation and now I am sending the letter to the municipio. I hope I get to hear from them.
Lorena
Lorena
- 01 Aug 2004, 11:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
I haven't been able to comunicate with my cousin, he is in Panama and our time differences are making things a little difficult. I remember once my dad mention that we came from Mesina I don't know if he meant place or just our origins, however I found this address for a muicipio in Messina. Do you ...
- 30 Jul 2004, 09:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'
I don't know yet but I think maybe one of my cousins may know. He is building a family tree and may have more information than me. Once I found that info where do I go?
Thanks Peter
Thanks Peter
- 30 Jul 2004, 09:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33149
Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's
Hi my maiden name is Lorena Messina, I am the daugher of Antonio Messina Restrepo who was the son of Giovani Messina from Sicily, Italy. Giovani Messina was brother of Antonini and Stephano Messina. They inmigrated to Panama when they were very young. Giovani my grandfather was about 14 years old ...