Search found 4 matches
- 24 Mar 2014, 18:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Location of great grandparents based on their surnames
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4463
Re: Location of great grandparents based on their surnames
Just a thank you to Peggy M, Cathy & Melina for taking the time to try and assist me with my Italian research. Hind sight is always 20-20 and I can see that there are things that I didn't make clear in my original post. First is that the surnames I put under my signature should have been just ...
- 08 Jul 2007, 16:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Location of great grandparents based on their surnames
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4463
Location of great grandparents based on their surnames
I have been through most of the available U.S. records for my great grandparents and unfortunately so far, none of these records provide evidence of the Town/Village of origin in Italy. Most simply state Italy.
My interest is now turning towards trying to locate the region they might have come from ...
My interest is now turning towards trying to locate the region they might have come from ...
- 29 Jan 2005, 17:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pompieri research in Modugno, Bari
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4336
Pompieri research in Modugno, Bari
Recent genealogical information obtained has broadened my Pompieri research. I now know that the parents of Giuseppe Pompieri were Raffaele Tarantino and Irena Toriano from Modugno. Giuseppe had siblings -
Francesco Toriano b. 1865 (married to Maria Vassallo)
Giuseppe Pompieri b. 1883 (married ...
Francesco Toriano b. 1865 (married to Maria Vassallo)
Giuseppe Pompieri b. 1883 (married ...
- 24 Aug 2004, 18:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth record translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 7983
Birth record translation
I have scanned my grandfather's birth record and would appreciate any assistance that can be provided in translating the cursive entries.
Top half: http://www.thecore.com/efinn/gene/joe_A.gif
Bottom half: http://www.thecore.com/efinn/gene/joe_B.gif
Top half: http://www.thecore.com/efinn/gene/joe_A.gif
Bottom half: http://www.thecore.com/efinn/gene/joe_B.gif