Search found 5 matches
- 30 Sep 2004, 12:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Total Stand Still. Surname MASI
- Replies: 27
- Views: 31900
Re: Total Stand Still. Surname MASI
Peter, I did not say that there was conclusive proof here, I said it is worth looking into, there are lots of names and history on that webpage. All avenues are worth pursuing, you know.
- 30 Sep 2004, 12:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 29290
Re: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
I talked to a guy from Sicilia once, and he said that his name got a negative reaction from northern Italians because it was very obviously a southern Italian name. He said that northern Italians look down their noses at the impoverished south.
I don't know if this goes as a rule but it is worth ...
I don't know if this goes as a rule but it is worth ...
- 30 Sep 2004, 12:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sciarretta in Italy and Venezuela
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8527
Re: Sciarretta in Italy and Venezuela
Thank you guys! I think I have found a living relative in Venezuela, he fits the description and the name is right, but I have a feeling these guys are filthy rich and will be way hard to get in touch with. I think I will concentrate on Italy.
I have found some leads in the Ellis Island database ...
I have found some leads in the Ellis Island database ...
- 28 Sep 2004, 15:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Total Stand Still. Surname MASI
- Replies: 27
- Views: 31900
Re: Total Stand Still. Surname MASI
All I know is that the MASI family make great wine!
Worth looking into...there might be some genalogy info here:
http://www.masi.it/vineyards/VineIng.htm
Worth looking into...there might be some genalogy info here:
http://www.masi.it/vineyards/VineIng.htm
- 28 Sep 2004, 12:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sciarretta in Italy and Venezuela
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8527
Sciarretta in Italy and Venezuela
Hi!
I am looking for my husband's family (living preferably) in Italy or Venezuela. The last names are Sciarretta and Marconi, they were probably (but don't know for certain) from the Abruzzo region (Teramo, Cerqueto, Fano Adriano area) in Italy and are now living in Chicago US, Venezuela, Italy ...
I am looking for my husband's family (living preferably) in Italy or Venezuela. The last names are Sciarretta and Marconi, they were probably (but don't know for certain) from the Abruzzo region (Teramo, Cerqueto, Fano Adriano area) in Italy and are now living in Chicago US, Venezuela, Italy ...