Search found 10 matches

by shayne_felice
10 Mar 2005, 15:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for family history from Turin
Replies: 19
Views: 21398

Re: Searching for family history from Turin

Thanks Suanj, as always you are a star! :D

regards
Shayne
by shayne_felice
10 Mar 2005, 13:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for family history from Turin
Replies: 19
Views: 21398

Re: Searching for family history from Turin

Suanj,

I need your help again I'm afraid.. :?

I have eventually received a reply, but I think it's telling me that they do not have my grandmother's birth certificate at this archive. It says..

"In riferimento alla richiesta, si e spiacenti di comunicare che presso questo Archivio di Stato non ...
by shayne_felice
04 Feb 2005, 09:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for family history from Turin
Replies: 19
Views: 21398

Re: Searching for family history from Turin

I got an answer this morning but (I think) they don't have any records regarding this matter, the reply said:

Gentile Signora, siamo spiacenti, ma tale archivio non fa parte delle nostre
competenze e non ci è pertanto possibile effettuare la ricerca che Lei ci
richiede.
Grazie comunque e ...
by shayne_felice
03 Feb 2005, 23:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for family history from Turin
Replies: 19
Views: 21398

Re: Searching for family history from Turin

Suanj! You are a star! :D

I will send that immediately and tell you if I get a reply and if so, what they say.

thank you so much for all the help you're giving me with this - I really do appreciate it.

Shayne
by shayne_felice
03 Feb 2005, 18:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for family history from Turin
Replies: 19
Views: 21398

Re: Searching for family history from Turin

I think more sweets as in confetto or bonbon rather than dolci

hope that's right :)

shayne
by shayne_felice
03 Feb 2005, 17:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for family history from Turin
Replies: 19
Views: 21398

Re: Searching for family history from Turin

Wow! Thanks Suanj - interesting stuff you've found out for me. I didn't expect saints or heroes! :D

What the factory made is an interesting question - I always thought that my grandmother had said that the family owned a tannery but my mother is certain that it was a sweet factory so I guess as I ...
by shayne_felice
03 Feb 2005, 15:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for family history from Turin
Replies: 19
Views: 21398

Re: Searching for family history from Turin

Well according to my grandmother they were certainly wealth - I believe that they also had a summer residence in the alps somewhere and owned a factory in Torino but she never mentioned anything about being noble. Is it likely that an Italian noble family would own a factory or would that make them ...
by shayne_felice
03 Feb 2005, 13:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for family history from Turin
Replies: 19
Views: 21398

Re: Searching for family history from Turin

Hi Suanj

That is just the maiden name she said that she went by, all one name apparently: Cogliati perfumo di romano faa' di bruno. She said that Faa' di bruno was her mother's maiden name which was then added to her father's surname to give the family name. I don't understand it either, but that ...
by shayne_felice
03 Feb 2005, 10:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for family history from Turin
Replies: 19
Views: 21398

Re: Searching for family history from Turin

Thank you for your reply and for your research - I am however pretty certain that the family hails from Turin and Milan. Do you happen to know if there were many people who 'disappeared' at this time of political upheaval in Italy? Or is it more likely that the family would have emigrated would you ...
by shayne_felice
02 Feb 2005, 00:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for family history from Turin
Replies: 19
Views: 21398

Searching for family history from Turin

Hi all,

I am new to the group and am trying to trace some of my family
history.

My grandmother (now sadly dead some years)was from Turin but had not
been back to Italy since early in WWII. She had been interned in
France after that and then when the camps were liberated she was
brought to the ...