Search found 11 matches

by robertjohnj
20 Feb 2007, 18:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Letter to Parish Priest
Replies: 0
Views: 3048

Letter to Parish Priest

Hi,
I sent an email to the Archives in Campobasso requesting a copy of a microfilm consisting of parish records from the 1600 and 1700’s. After a full 8 MONTHS, they finally replied to my email only to say that I needed the permission of the Parish Priest because the Parish was the original owner ...
by robertjohnj
31 Mar 2006, 06:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Mary Nardella
Replies: 16
Views: 22728

Re: Mary Nardella

I know this family. Jenny (Giovanna) Nardella's maiden name was Colantuono. Although she was born in Brazil (June 25, 1889), she immigrated to the US from Spinete, Italy. Jenny was my 1st Cousin 2X removed. If this is the correct family for you, email me. I will have a lot of genealogy information ...
by robertjohnj
28 Mar 2006, 06:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anyone have any experience with Catasti Onciari records?
Replies: 6
Views: 7514

Re: Anyone have any experience with Catasti Onciari records?

Hi jspdg,
The comunes that I requested the Catasti Onciari for were all in the Molise region (Campobasso & Isernia provinces) which is where my maternal grandmother’s ancestors were from. As I mentioned, I’ve gotten lucky with marriage processetti in that area and have quite a few ...
by robertjohnj
27 Mar 2006, 08:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anyone have any experience with Catasti Onciari records?
Replies: 6
Views: 7514

Re: Anyone have any experience with Catasti Onciari records?

Hi Jeff,
I visited Italy in October of 2003. I was in Naples for 3 days. While there, I went to the Archives and requested the Catasti Onciari for 3 of my ancestral towns. They were each about the same population as yours (@ 1000). The books were about 10 inches thick, bound with cord. They were ...
by robertjohnj
16 Jan 2006, 21:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso
Replies: 6
Views: 8371

Re: Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso

Thank you Suanj.......I think the date was August 4, 1902. I'm still confused as to why they would have been in Campobasso. Did Campobasso have a Hospital at the time. Maybe they knew that the birth was going to be difficult. The father returned to Italy (Spinete) and then took his 2 sons back to ...
by robertjohnj
16 Jan 2006, 01:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso
Replies: 6
Views: 8371

Tanslation of Birth Document from Campobasso

Hi,
Could someone help with the translation of the handwritten portion of the following birth record. The portion I'm interested in is at the bottom of page 1 and continues on page 2.

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/2535/angelacifellibirthpg10rr.jpg

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/3143 ...
by robertjohnj
03 Jul 2005, 19:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for my Ancestors :)
Replies: 47
Views: 79488

Re: Looking for my Ancestors :)

Thanks......I do have an Alessandro Cifelli in my database born @ 1879. However, he was born in Sant'Angelo in Grotte and his father was Giacinto.

Any references to Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino (early 1700's) or to possible children of theirs would only show up in extracts of parish records ...
by robertjohnj
03 Jul 2005, 05:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for my Ancestors :)
Replies: 47
Views: 79488

Re: Looking for my Ancestors :)

Hi Trish,
My 4th GGF Federico Cifelli died in Sant’Angelo in Grotte in 1798. He was born about 1746. His parents were Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino. I’ve traced Federico’s descendents in Sant’Angelo in Grotte, then to Spinete (2nd GGF Costanzo Cifelli), then São ...
by robertjohnj
24 Apr 2005, 20:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
Replies: 18
Views: 15298

Re: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello

[quote="Katalina"]Debbie,

Do you know any websites that have good detailed maps of Italy to look out and/or print out?

Hi,
Try this website......

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/mapPerformPage?strAddress=&strCP=&strLocation=Brescello+&strCountry=612&image2.x=18&image2 ...
by robertjohnj
12 Mar 2005, 20:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Donato Spina/ Marianna Tomaro families
Replies: 14
Views: 15816

Re: Donato Spina/ Marianna Tomaro families

Donato Arcangelo Spina was born in Colle d'Anchise on May 16, 1884. Civil birth document #37 of 1884. His parents were Giuseppe Spina, age 43 and Domenica Bottino, age 40.

Bob