suanj
Thank you so much !! You have always been such a great help to me. When using translations sites, will they understand what I am trying to say if I write it to them it Italian? Some words like Carissima were different. It came out as Most expensive Maria.
Thanks,
Maria
Search found 16 matches
- 11 Jun 2005, 20:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can somone help me translate ?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8021
- 11 Jun 2005, 04:49
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can somone help me translate ?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8021
Can somone help me translate ?
I went to a translation site to translate this letter and it doesn't make sense to me. Could someone help?
Carissima Maria,
Abbiamo ricevuto la tua lettera, he ha dirti la verita siamo rimasti meravigliati nel sapere che nella nostra familglia vi e una parente che abita negli U.S.A. A scrive e la ...
Carissima Maria,
Abbiamo ricevuto la tua lettera, he ha dirti la verita siamo rimasti meravigliati nel sapere che nella nostra familglia vi e una parente che abita negli U.S.A. A scrive e la ...
- 02 Jun 2005, 06:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Understanding what is meant in English
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6197
Re: Understanding what is meant in English
Thank you for the information. I am just so excited about hearing from my family, who has always been a mystery to me. My grandfather did not talk about his family at all. My father never even knew his Grandmothers name. I have found that I am named after her and hope this made my grandfather happy ...
- 02 Jun 2005, 06:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian names and gender
- Replies: 7
- Views: 9937
Re: Italian names and gender
Thanks to all of you for the great information. These are my cousins in Italy and me not wanting to show my ignorance when addressing them, thought I would rely on some prefessional advice !!!!
Thanks to you all,
Maria
Thanks to you all,
Maria
- 01 Jun 2005, 06:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding birth certificates or baptismal records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7757
Re: finding birth certificates or baptismal records
Much thanks to suanj who wrote me a Italian letter to locate my ancestors in Vallelunga Pratameno. I have had great success and am writing regularly to him at this time. I have found my great grandparents names and dates of birth and death and all of my Uncles living in Italy. We are working on ...
- 01 Jun 2005, 06:15
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Could someone translate this for me? Italian to English.
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11280
Re: Could someone translate this for me? Italian to English
You can go to www.babelfish.altavista.com and it will translate for you.
- 01 Jun 2005, 06:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian names and gender
- Replies: 7
- Views: 9937
Italian names and gender
Could someone help me with the following first names and tell me whether they are male or female and the names in English?
Rosario
Loreto
Giuseppa
Cosima
Agostino
Cosimo
Vincenza
Lisetta
Thank you
Rosario
Loreto
Giuseppa
Cosima
Agostino
Cosimo
Vincenza
Lisetta
Thank you
- 01 Jun 2005, 05:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Understanding what is meant in English
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6197
Understanding what is meant in English
I have found my grandfathers family in Vallelunga Pratameno. I have written in Italian using a translation site. I wrote to him that I thought he was my cousin, which he is.. my dad is his first cousin. He wrote me back in English, after me telling him that I spoke no Italian. The first part of the ...
- 20 May 2005, 00:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding birth certificates or baptismal records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7757
Re: finding birth certificates or baptismal records
Thanks to you all !! Will let you know the results asap.
Maria
Maria
- 19 May 2005, 18:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: finding birth certificates or baptismal records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7757
finding birth certificates or baptismal records
My grandfather was from Vallelunga Pratameno. He immigrated in 1912 at 21 years old. He left a mother and brothers in Vallelunga. I do not know their names. I do not know if my grandfather was born there, but was wondering how to find copies of his birth certificate or baptism records. I cannot find ...
- 13 Nov 2003, 03:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gervasi or Cangelosi
- Replies: 10
- Views: 15990
writing a letter to Italian relative
saunj---
Thank you so much!!!! You are such a wonderful person. Learning from all of you has been such a privelege. Just having your help has seemed like it has brought me closer to my relatives and helped me on my way to discovering my past.
Thanks Very much,
Maria
Thank you so much!!!! You are such a wonderful person. Learning from all of you has been such a privelege. Just having your help has seemed like it has brought me closer to my relatives and helped me on my way to discovering my past.
Thanks Very much,
Maria
- 08 Nov 2003, 01:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Writing to someone in Italy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6588
Writing to someone in Italy
Peter,
how would I go about writing to someone in Italy. Suanj gave me the address's of the Gervasi's in Vallelunga Pratameno.. I don't understand the address or how to write it. Also, I don't speak Italian--- is there somewhere I can go to learn words or have someone translate things for me if ...
how would I go about writing to someone in Italy. Suanj gave me the address's of the Gervasi's in Vallelunga Pratameno.. I don't understand the address or how to write it. Also, I don't speak Italian--- is there somewhere I can go to learn words or have someone translate things for me if ...
- 08 Nov 2003, 00:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gervasi or Cangelosi
- Replies: 10
- Views: 15990
writing to someone in iyaly
Peter,
Saunj gave me the adresses of the Gervasi's still living in Va;;e;unga Pratameno. How do I write the address on a envelope?
Also I don't speak Italian. How do I compse a letter or understand Italian words?
Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
Maria
Saunj gave me the adresses of the Gervasi's still living in Va;;e;unga Pratameno. How do I write the address on a envelope?
Also I don't speak Italian. How do I compse a letter or understand Italian words?
Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
Maria
- 06 Nov 2003, 02:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: feduccia name
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3917
feduccia name
my great grandfather Natale Feduccia came to New Orleans from Cefalu. He was born October 1870. Can anyone give me information on the probable spelling of the last name. I have heard it was spelled differently. I am looking for information on his immigration to the united states and any information ...
- 03 Nov 2003, 01:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gervasi or Cangelosi
- Replies: 10
- Views: 15990
Gervasi or Cangelosi
Sorry if I was unclear about the information I was needing.I would like to contact any living relatives of my grandfather Salvatore Gervasi who might be living in Vallelunga. He was also in the Italian Army and I would like to access records. I don't know where to look. He also had a brother who was ...