mfjp,
I'm afraid in trying to clarify my own understanding I have offended you. That is one disadvantage to email. Things can sometimes be read a different way than the way they are intended. I do appreciate your help, and please forgive me if I offended you.
Let me clarify. I am not opposed to ...
Search found 8 matches
- 24 Sep 2005, 23:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15303
- 24 Sep 2005, 17:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15303
Re: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
O.k., thanks. I think that I understand better. Correct me if I'm wrong. The website exists so that those who are more professional, or perhaps actively working for LDS can help those looking for information, and in the meantime add the information to the LDS databases. Looking for this family in ...
- 23 Sep 2005, 03:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15303
Re: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
I'm afraid I'm a bit confused. The information that I mentioned seeing on Ancestry.com is information that someone posted to me above. It was a draft record for Umberto Galvani, a 1910 Census record, and a SSDI death record for Albertina. If you check the above posts (if you are interested) the ...
- 22 Sep 2005, 23:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15303
Re: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
Yes, thank you. I have seen all of the above records on ancestry.com. I know, however, that Umberto and Albertina had 4 children and lived in New York all of their lives. I am wondering if the indices for the census records for 1920 and 1930 have misspelled their name(s). Is there any way to look ...
- 22 Sep 2005, 09:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15303
Re: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
Thanks for the help. I have not had much sucess locating Umberto and his wife Albertina in US Census records after 1910. I now know that they had daughters named "Tess" and "Navis" and a son named "Louis John" and another son, whose name I do not know. The fact that there was a Davide traveling with ...
- 23 Apr 2005, 10:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15303
Re: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
Debbie,
Thanks for your help. I am not sure how the link to the information you gave me on the LDS microfilm works. Is that actually something I can open and view online, or do I need to go to an LDS center?
Cremona that I am looking for is evidently the Province, not necessarily the town, so I ...
Thanks for your help. I am not sure how the link to the information you gave me on the LDS microfilm works. Is that actually something I can open and view online, or do I need to go to an LDS center?
Cremona that I am looking for is evidently the Province, not necessarily the town, so I ...
- 21 Apr 2005, 05:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15303
Re: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
Debbie,
Thanks for your advice. I have just joined this site, so I am not very familiar with it yet. I was trying to be very general intentionally in order to see if anyone else was working on these names from the locations I mentioned.
I have found ships manifestos and US Census records. I know ...
Thanks for your advice. I have just joined this site, so I am not very familiar with it yet. I was trying to be very general intentionally in order to see if anyone else was working on these names from the locations I mentioned.
I have found ships manifestos and US Census records. I know ...
- 19 Apr 2005, 20:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15303
Surnames: Ruffini, Ferretti, Galvani/ Town of Brescello
Searching for surnames Ruffini and Ferretti from Brescello area in Reggio Emilia. Also searching for Galvani (probably closer to Florence area). Any replies about these names/areas will be appreciated. Thank you, Katalina