Janet...at the middle you will see the groom and bride listed
here is the vital info:
8 Feb 1901
Emmanuele Gallina, son of Angelo (Gallina) & Grazia Sciarrino
to
Filippa Buffa, dau of Francesco (Buffa) & Anna Ingargiola
I really hope you are able to locate his descendants.
Jim :)
Thanks Jim ...
Search found 10 matches
- 27 Apr 2005, 08:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Input Please
- Replies: 30
- Views: 32030
- 27 Apr 2005, 07:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Input Please
- Replies: 30
- Views: 32030
Re: Need Input Please
Oh Jim, you did it! You proved another sibling!! I am soooo happy. I'm not too good at this Latin stuff, I can just barely pick out the names. Could I pester you to give me a translation so I know if I read the names right? You are such a dear! How can I ever repay you? Bet you sleep good at night ...
- 25 Apr 2005, 08:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Input Please
- Replies: 30
- Views: 32030
Re: Need Input Please
You are still having trouble with the file? I will email it to you. Check your Yahoo email when u get the chance.
Thanks Jim, I got the e-mail. Now I've got more work to do. :)
As far as Emmanuele Gallina is concerned, I think you are probably right, it must be Grandpa Gallina's brother. Guess ...
Thanks Jim, I got the e-mail. Now I've got more work to do. :)
As far as Emmanuele Gallina is concerned, I think you are probably right, it must be Grandpa Gallina's brother. Guess ...
- 25 Apr 2005, 06:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Input Please
- Replies: 30
- Views: 32030
Re: Need Input Please
ah..Badalmenti/Badalmente looks like Antonino.
The last name is definitely right tho. Clear as day to me. Very common in Carini.
Oh, sorry Jim, I forgot that that 1907 manifest was a bad link...it took me a long time, page by page to finally get to the right manifest. Thanks mfjp, for sending ...
The last name is definitely right tho. Clear as day to me. Very common in Carini.
Oh, sorry Jim, I forgot that that 1907 manifest was a bad link...it took me a long time, page by page to finally get to the right manifest. Thanks mfjp, for sending ...
- 25 Apr 2005, 01:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Input Please
- Replies: 30
- Views: 32030
Re: Need Input Please
Jim not only continues to help me but his Carini Exchange site is awesome!! All those wonderful records online is amazing. Bless him and his work!
Janet
Janet
- 24 Apr 2005, 21:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Input Please
- Replies: 30
- Views: 32030
Re: Need Input Please
Jim, you are a darling!!! I don't know why I didn't think to look at the parents names for possible children...I know about the naming pattern...just never dawned on me to use it for possibles. :roll:
Now I'm really excited about this. I took a look at the manifest for Emmanuele Gallina and see ...
Now I'm really excited about this. I took a look at the manifest for Emmanuele Gallina and see ...
- 24 Apr 2005, 07:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Input Please
- Replies: 30
- Views: 32030
Re: Need Input Please
Leave it to Jim to figure it out! He IS an authority on the Carini people.
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about immigrants naming relatives they are joining in this country. Does anybody know?
I also need to find out something about Vito Gallina's sister Rosalia. Jim, can you tell ...
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about immigrants naming relatives they are joining in this country. Does anybody know?
I also need to find out something about Vito Gallina's sister Rosalia. Jim, can you tell ...
- 24 Apr 2005, 01:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Input Please
- Replies: 30
- Views: 32030
Re: Need Input Please
Well... I'm glad that you noticed too... I was looking for Vito Gallina's siblings and came across this record... which has awful script... and the problem is... I can't make out who the passenger is... but the address is close to the ones you listed... if anyone can read this, please post info ...
- 23 Apr 2005, 23:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Input Please
- Replies: 30
- Views: 32030
Re: Need Input Please
boost.... was I the only one who didn't know what boost meant?? :oops:
ok Janet... one question.... was it 553 - 17th street??? No. 90 whatever...
mfjp :P
Thanks for your reply. 553 - 554 - 444.....I've seen all of these numbers in various records, but all on 17th Street in Brooklyn.
The 1913 ...
ok Janet... one question.... was it 553 - 17th street??? No. 90 whatever...
mfjp :P
Thanks for your reply. 553 - 554 - 444.....I've seen all of these numbers in various records, but all on 17th Street in Brooklyn.
The 1913 ...
- 21 Apr 2005, 05:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Input Please
- Replies: 30
- Views: 32030
Need Input Please
Hello,
I am trying to gather as much information as possible on my mother-in-law's lineage for her 90th birthday gift. Her father was Vito Gallina, born 1875 in Carini, Palermo, Sicily. Mom once told me she would like to know if her father had any siblings.
The administrator of the Carini Sicily ...
I am trying to gather as much information as possible on my mother-in-law's lineage for her 90th birthday gift. Her father was Vito Gallina, born 1875 in Carini, Palermo, Sicily. Mom once told me she would like to know if her father had any siblings.
The administrator of the Carini Sicily ...