Search found 32 matches

by GlobeTrotter
20 Nov 2005, 05:03
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Descendants of Antonio Lo Re in Niagara Falls, NY
Replies: 22
Views: 16731

Re: Descendants of Antonio Lo Re in Niagara Falls, NY

Hi Satomi,

My great grandmother came from (or at least was born in) Casteltermini, AG. I couldn't find Grotte on the google map, but maybe it's not too far away.
That must have been a very rewarding experience for you and your husband to visit the town of his roots. Do you both speak Italian ...
by GlobeTrotter
20 Nov 2005, 02:54
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ancestor's birth certificate received...but in FRENCH!
Replies: 5
Views: 6285

Re: Ancestor's birth certificate received...but in FREN

Thank you suanj. I also found out that there is a FHC here in my city. This will make it much easier to view microfilms. Thanks again,

Mark
by GlobeTrotter
19 Nov 2005, 23:26
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ancestor's birth certificate received...but in FRENCH!
Replies: 5
Views: 6285

Re: Ancestor's birth certificate received...but in FREN

Hi suanj,

Thank you for that information. I am very relieved now! :)
Just a small question...is there a way I can reach back even further in time and discover more about my ancestor's? I know now that Antonino Pellitteri and Felicia Lo Re gave birth to my great-grandmother (Maria Pellitteri) in ...
by GlobeTrotter
19 Nov 2005, 23:20
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Descendants of Antonio Lo Re in Niagara Falls, NY
Replies: 22
Views: 16731

Re: Descendants of Antonio Lo Re in Niagara Falls, NY

Hi Satomi,

I'm glad to read that you've been making progress in your search. It's always exciting to be able to reach back in your ancestor's history and retrieve "lost" information. The members on this board certainly donate a lot of time and effort to help!
I would also recommend that you send a ...
by GlobeTrotter
19 Nov 2005, 11:58
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ancestor's birth certificate received...but in FRENCH!
Replies: 5
Views: 6285

Ancestor's birth certificate received...but in FRENCH!

Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember me from my research a couple of months ago. Well, I have some good news...I just received a birth record from my ancestor in Italy (from Casteltermini, AG, Sicily). I was entirely pleased to find this in the mail today, but when I opened it I was a bit confused ...
by GlobeTrotter
16 Oct 2005, 03:00
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Teaching English in Italy - realistic?
Replies: 18
Views: 38795

Re: Teaching English in Italy - realistic?

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I just have a couple more questions... :wink:

On my consulate's website, it says that applicants for dual citizenship need to mention the Commune in Italy where they intend to establish residence. Does this have to be the Commune of the ancestors, or could it ...
by GlobeTrotter
15 Oct 2005, 05:14
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Teaching English in Italy - realistic?
Replies: 18
Views: 38795

Re: Teaching English in Italy - realistic?

Thank you for the reply, Marco. I'm just curious, but why is it so difficult to find a job teaching in a public "state" school? Are there really high expectations or requirements? What about at universities?
Thanks again,

Mark
by GlobeTrotter
15 Oct 2005, 04:04
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Teaching English in Italy - realistic?
Replies: 18
Views: 38795

Teaching English in Italy - realistic?

Hello everyone,

I am a college student and I'm pursuing a degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). Thanks to the help of members on this board, I've discovered that I am a potential dual citizen of Italy (I'm currently gathering documents for application). I have been ...
by GlobeTrotter
16 Sep 2005, 23:53
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: enough info to obtain birth certificates?
Replies: 47
Views: 40815

Re: enough info to obtain birth certificates?

Thank you, Maria. I have just written an email to both comuni (I did mostly copy and paste from the translation site you gave me). I'll let you know when I get an Italian response that I may not understand :lol:

Take care,

Mark
by GlobeTrotter
16 Sep 2005, 12:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: enough info to obtain birth certificates?
Replies: 47
Views: 40815

Re: enough info to obtain birth certificates?

Hi, me again...

Maria, do you happen to know if there is an email for the Casteltermini commune, too? I know you gave me the one for Mistretta, thank you for that!

Another question about asking commune for certificates. On the translating website you gave me, it translates a request for a birth ...
by GlobeTrotter
16 Sep 2005, 10:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: enough info to obtain birth certificates?
Replies: 47
Views: 40815

Re: enough info to obtain birth certificates?

Great idea, juanminbar. Thank you also for the translation into Italian. I'll send out the letters as soon as possible.

I'll keep you all posted, :)

Mark
by GlobeTrotter
16 Sep 2005, 03:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: enough info to obtain birth certificates?
Replies: 47
Views: 40815

Re: enough info to obtain birth certificates?

Hi juanminbar, are you personally from the Scranton area? Maybe you could provide me with a website or directory of Marchese listings? I will have to ask family if that dentist William might be a distant relative...thank you for that info!


Thank you Maria for refering me to juanminbar's post. I ...
by GlobeTrotter
15 Sep 2005, 05:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: enough info to obtain birth certificates?
Replies: 47
Views: 40815

Re: enough info to obtain birth certificates?

Thank you Maria for that info. That is tragic about the earthquake...

Since I have the names of Giuseppe's parent and his year of birth, should I begin writing the commune (via the email you gave me) to locate his birth record?


Also, if Maria Pellitteri wasn't born until 1886, what do I need to ...
by GlobeTrotter
14 Sep 2005, 21:37
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: enough info to obtain birth certificates?
Replies: 47
Views: 40815

Re: enough info to obtain birth certificates?

Will it be necessary for me to order a film so that I can eventually obtain their birth certificates from Sicily? What information would I get from the film and what info do I still need? I'm just wondering. Thanks!

Mark
by GlobeTrotter
14 Sep 2005, 21:30
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: enough info to obtain birth certificates?
Replies: 47
Views: 40815

Re: enough info to obtain birth certificates?

Hi Debbie,

These papers came from the national archives. It only took about 20 days to receive the papers after I had ordered them, and the staff members were there really helpful on the phone. I just chose to get the papers this way instead of filing a FOIA because I thought less paperwork would ...