Search found 14 matches
- 29 Dec 2005, 02:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: DiPaola + Rinaudo
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3550
Re: DiPaola + Rinaudo
Thank you so much, Suanj -- you really came through! This is a request from a cousin. I've written to him to ask for more details, so will post again when he writes me. Again, thanks. Dot
- 28 Dec 2005, 10:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: DiPaola + Rinaudo
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3550
DiPaola + Rinaudo
I am looking for any information on Serafina Rinaudo and her husband John DiPaola from Cefalu. I believe they settled in Louisiana, assume around the turn of the century. Do not know if they were married in US or in Sicily. Thank you, Dot
- 26 Sep 2005, 22:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
- Replies: 24
- Views: 25903
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu
Dear Maria -- Thanks for your understanding & concern. All of the people about whom I was concerned have been located, including Mr. Sal Serio of the Cefalutana Society.
Odd about people who don't care for forums. I know a few who are brilliant at research, but won't forum. Whatever, please pass on ...
Odd about people who don't care for forums. I know a few who are brilliant at research, but won't forum. Whatever, please pass on ...
- 26 Sep 2005, 08:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
- Replies: 24
- Views: 25903
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu
Here's a census record of interest !
June 1900
http//img245.imageshack.us/img245/8511/rosarinaudo19004hw.gif
Rosa Rinaudo born 1860 - widow, Louisiana
mfjp Dear Maria -- Please forgive me for this horribly overdue thank you for the extremely interesting census page.
When Katrina hit, I became ...
June 1900
http//img245.imageshack.us/img245/8511/rosarinaudo19004hw.gif
Rosa Rinaudo born 1860 - widow, Louisiana
mfjp Dear Maria -- Please forgive me for this horribly overdue thank you for the extremely interesting census page.
When Katrina hit, I became ...
- 27 Aug 2005, 12:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
- Replies: 24
- Views: 25903
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Oooh, Maria -- that's great!
My computer is going to the plastic surgery hospital tomorrow. Can't wait to get it back & start using all these great new tools.
Trish's tips should be required reading for all us neophytes.
Thanks so much,
Dot
My computer is going to the plastic surgery hospital tomorrow. Can't wait to get it back & start using all these great new tools.
Trish's tips should be required reading for all us neophytes.
Thanks so much,
Dot
- 27 Aug 2005, 10:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
- Replies: 24
- Views: 25903
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Hello Trish --
You're right about the La. Ships' list. I've scrolled through it till I'm bleary-eyed.
Thank you for providing those film numbers. I don't live in the States, but in Oaxaca, Mexico. I've phoned the Family History Center here, & apparently I can order the film from this center ...
You're right about the La. Ships' list. I've scrolled through it till I'm bleary-eyed.
Thank you for providing those film numbers. I don't live in the States, but in Oaxaca, Mexico. I've phoned the Family History Center here, & apparently I can order the film from this center ...
- 27 Aug 2005, 10:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
- Replies: 24
- Views: 25903
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Maria, thanks so much. I would love to know who those people are. Am sure I'll find out one day. The "Mary - wife" in the census is probably the
"Marie C. Rinaudo" who died in August of 1947 in Trish's list, above.
A question: what is imageshack? It's wonderful! The image comes up quickly, is very ...
"Marie C. Rinaudo" who died in August of 1947 in Trish's list, above.
A question: what is imageshack? It's wonderful! The image comes up quickly, is very ...
- 26 Aug 2005, 22:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
- Replies: 24
- Views: 25903
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Hi Trish ("Witch Eyes" in Spanish? What's that about? Love it!) --
Boy, you did a bunch of work! Thank you!
That is not my Francesco, as mine died in 1917. (He's the 1st person in the death listings.) What is intriguing are deaths # 3 & 4, because of the location. My part of the family is from Point ...
Boy, you did a bunch of work! Thank you!
That is not my Francesco, as mine died in 1917. (He's the 1st person in the death listings.) What is intriguing are deaths # 3 & 4, because of the location. My part of the family is from Point ...
- 26 Aug 2005, 00:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
- Replies: 24
- Views: 25903
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Hello Maria --
Thanks for the urls. So far, I've had no luck w/Castle Garden, but it's probably because I don't know how to allow for variables when searching.
Francesco Rinaudo wound up in New Roads, Louisiana. I have no idea what happened to his siblings, but now have faith that I may find out ...
Thanks for the urls. So far, I've had no luck w/Castle Garden, but it's probably because I don't know how to allow for variables when searching.
Francesco Rinaudo wound up in New Roads, Louisiana. I have no idea what happened to his siblings, but now have faith that I may find out ...
- 25 Aug 2005, 22:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
- Replies: 24
- Views: 25903
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
Dear Master mfjp --
WOW! I am bowled over -- THANK YOU!
The age is right, w/in one year. And, for that matter, the 1900 census gives his birth year as 1857, not '56.
You may have cleared up a big mystery:
my mother says she remembers hearing something as a child about "Colorado" or "Coronado". I ...
WOW! I am bowled over -- THANK YOU!
The age is right, w/in one year. And, for that matter, the 1900 census gives his birth year as 1857, not '56.
You may have cleared up a big mystery:
my mother says she remembers hearing something as a child about "Colorado" or "Coronado". I ...
- 25 Aug 2005, 07:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
- Replies: 24
- Views: 25903
Re: RINAUDO - from town of Cefalu'
I've been frustrated also trying to find Rinaudos. Here's my family:
Matteo Rinaudo m. Serafina Culotta
(their children):
Rosaria Rinaudo, b. 1859
Francesco (Frank) Rinaudo, 2/13/1856--9/30/1917 (m.Mariana Sansone)
Salvatore, b. 1865
Supposedly, they were all from Cefalú. I imagine their were ...
Matteo Rinaudo m. Serafina Culotta
(their children):
Rosaria Rinaudo, b. 1859
Francesco (Frank) Rinaudo, 2/13/1856--9/30/1917 (m.Mariana Sansone)
Salvatore, b. 1865
Supposedly, they were all from Cefalú. I imagine their were ...
- 25 Aug 2005, 07:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help with Platto (and Sansone) Surname
- Replies: 11
- Views: 15169
Re: Need help with Platto (and Sansone) Surname
Hello again, Angela --
Have you tried the Cefalutana Society site to try to find your g-grandfather Joe Serio? The president of the society, Sal Serio, is a prince amongst men. http://www.cefalutanasociety.com/
Good luck, Dot
p.s. Now I'm thinking maybe I'm wrong about the Platto settling in ...
Have you tried the Cefalutana Society site to try to find your g-grandfather Joe Serio? The president of the society, Sal Serio, is a prince amongst men. http://www.cefalutanasociety.com/
Good luck, Dot
p.s. Now I'm thinking maybe I'm wrong about the Platto settling in ...
- 25 Aug 2005, 06:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help with Platto (and Sansone) Surname
- Replies: 11
- Views: 15169
Re: Need help with Platto (and Sansone) Surname
Hi Angela -- I've tried every permutation to make the url (rootsweb passenger list) come up. When that didn't work, tried searching the last names -- no luck there either. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Dot
Thanks, Dot
- 25 Aug 2005, 06:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help with Platto (and Sansone) Surname
- Replies: 11
- Views: 15169
Re: Need help with Platto (and Sansone) Surname
I am so excited to find your postings! I have a photograph of the Reverend Bernard L. Platto (he was my maternal grandmother's first cousin). On the back he wrote:
"Birmingham, Ala.
Born April 10th, 1884. Lascari, Prov. of Palermo Siciliy, Italy. 7 miles from Cefalú. 43 miles from Palermo ...
"Birmingham, Ala.
Born April 10th, 1884. Lascari, Prov. of Palermo Siciliy, Italy. 7 miles from Cefalú. 43 miles from Palermo ...