Hi Speranza,
Thank you! Thank you! This is definately the Carmela I have been looking for. (With all the searches I tried I can't imagine how I didn't find her unless this page only recently became available.) When I kept hitting dead ends a few months ago I asked my husband's grandmother for any ...
Search found 6 matches
- 01 Nov 2006, 00:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carmella Della Castello
- Replies: 23
- Views: 31147
- 25 Oct 2006, 06:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carmella Della Castello
- Replies: 23
- Views: 31147
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Angie,
Thanks for your post. I don't know whether Columbia was born in Capracotta but she must have lived there for some time. The family story is that her husband, Carmella's father, was the mayor or held some other government position. I haven't been able to connect my husband's family to the ...
Thanks for your post. I don't know whether Columbia was born in Capracotta but she must have lived there for some time. The family story is that her husband, Carmella's father, was the mayor or held some other government position. I haven't been able to connect my husband's family to the ...
- 10 Jul 2005, 04:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carmella Della Castello
- Replies: 23
- Views: 31147
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Wow!
I just found out Carmella came to the US as a first class passenger. Any idea how to find first class passenger lists?
I just found out Carmella came to the US as a first class passenger. Any idea how to find first class passenger lists?
- 10 Jul 2005, 04:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carmella Della Castello
- Replies: 23
- Views: 31147
Re: Carmella Della Castello
Ibewlineman,
Thanks so much for posting! I would love to help you reconnect with the family--My husband, Dennis, is your Aunt Pat's grandson. I just saw most of the family at a wedding in Texas--including your Uncle Albert.
I'm still having trouble finding the records for when Carmella came to ...
Thanks so much for posting! I would love to help you reconnect with the family--My husband, Dennis, is your Aunt Pat's grandson. I just saw most of the family at a wedding in Texas--including your Uncle Albert.
I'm still having trouble finding the records for when Carmella came to ...
- 21 May 2005, 13:38
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Capucotto ?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7153
Capucotto ?
This is the residence place given in the manifest for Virgilio Sozio who arrived in the US through Ellis Island on Nov 14, 1912. Family history has Abruzzo as the part of Italy he came from.
Can anyone tell me if there is such a place in Abruzzo?
Thanks
Peg
Can anyone tell me if there is such a place in Abruzzo?
Thanks
Peg
- 21 May 2005, 12:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carmella Della Castello
- Replies: 23
- Views: 31147
Carmella Della Castello
I am looking for the Ellis Island record for Carmella Della Castello. I have a copy of her death certificate which gives her birth date as May 24, 1895. I know she was married in the United States in 1914. She was married in Burlington NJ to Virgilio Sozio also from Italy.
Carmella's father's name ...
Carmella's father's name ...