Search found 18 matches

by badbatsmoru
28 Oct 2005, 11:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where's Grandpa?
Replies: 11
Views: 10773

Re: Where's Grandpa?

That's great! :lol:
by badbatsmoru
04 Aug 2005, 10:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........
Replies: 20
Views: 29628

Re: Castle Garden Manifest Now Available..........

That was very helpful. Thanks, Wldspirit. I found some German relatives on the site.
by badbatsmoru
03 Aug 2005, 09:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: TEST
Replies: 3
Views: 5894

Re: TEST

Debbie,

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I think I had to copy the location of the avatar (after you click "select avatar" AND in addition to selecting the one you want) and paste it, THEN save the changes. THis should work.
by badbatsmoru
19 Jul 2005, 12:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: TEST
Replies: 3
Views: 5894

TEST

just testing avatar
by badbatsmoru
18 Jul 2005, 22:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Replies: 32
Views: 29214

Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno

Suanj,

Thank you so much! The info from Ellis Island on Carmela Siani looks like she is the one! Concetta did have a brother called "Frank" (Francesco seems right.)

The other women Maria Briscione , on the other hand, doesn't appear to be the one I'm looking for. She married a Cantore , not a ...
by badbatsmoru
18 Jul 2005, 08:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Replies: 32
Views: 29214

Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno

Debbie,

Antonio and Mary (Concetta) were married on January 18, 1914 at the Transfiguration Catholic Church, 29 Mott St., Manhattan, NY.

Mary's parents were Luigi DeLaurentis/DeLorentis (I've found these 2 spellings) and Carmela (this gets tricky deciphering this....).....what looks like it could ...
by badbatsmoru
18 Jul 2005, 07:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Replies: 32
Views: 29214

Re: Antonio Cantore from Salerno

Sorry, guess I didn't clarify. Yes, I'm looking for the same person Antonio/Anthony Cantore (whose son is Anthony Cantore AND whose father is Antonio Cantore - 3 generations of Anthonys)

I just got his marriage certificate in the mail. I gambled and sent away for the marriage certificate of ...
by badbatsmoru
17 Jul 2005, 21:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antonio Cantore from Salerno
Replies: 32
Views: 29214

Antonio Cantore from Salerno

I'm searching for info on Antonio Cantore born circa 1889 in Salerno, Italy. His parents were Antonio Cantore and Maria Brissione (sp?). I think he emigrated with his parents in 1897.

Thank you! :) l
by badbatsmoru
09 Jul 2005, 20:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Casara - 1910 Census Lookup
Replies: 3
Views: 4756

Re: Casara - 1910 Census Lookup

The address I have for them in 1897 (at the time of Salvatore's birth) was 310 E. 107th St. in Manhattan. I can't believe they're not listed on the census. Bummer.
by badbatsmoru
09 Jul 2005, 09:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Casara - 1910 Census Lookup
Replies: 3
Views: 4756

Casara - 1910 Census Lookup

I'm looking for the Casara or Cassara family in Manhattan, NY in the 1910 Federal Census. (Could also be Casaro)

Carmelo/Carmine Casara (head of household)
Antonina Casara (his wife)
Salvatore Casara (son) - born 1897 in Manhattan, NY.
Anthony Casara (son)

There are other children whose names I'm ...
by badbatsmoru
06 Jul 2005, 10:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: women traveling under maiden names?
Replies: 3
Views: 5073

Re: women traveling under maiden names?

Rats, I thought I had found them. :? Thanks for clearing that up.
by badbatsmoru
05 Jul 2005, 09:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: women traveling under maiden names?
Replies: 3
Views: 5073

women traveling under maiden names?

Someone was recently saying on one of the forums that Italian women often travelled under their maiden name. Is that right? It just got me thinking because....:

On the Ellis Island Passenger arrivals, I found, who I believe to be, my great-grandfather, Antonio Cantore. He arrived in New York in ...
by badbatsmoru
01 Jul 2005, 10:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Huge name discrepancy - Groi vs. Dipari
Replies: 5
Views: 4644

Re: Huge name discrepancy - Groi vs. Dipari

Thanks, guys. It's always good to know I'm not crazy. Of course, I'm definately going to do some more research. Just thought that was pretty strange.
by badbatsmoru
29 Jun 2005, 09:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Huge name discrepancy - Groi vs. Dipari
Replies: 5
Views: 4644

Huge name discrepancy - Groi vs. Dipari

Got the birth and marriage certificate for great-grandpa. Last name for his mother on each document are so incredibly different (incidentally, she still has the same first name :wink: )

Antonina Groi
Antonina Dipari

The writing is distinct and unmistakable. Anyone have an explanation? Are these ...
by badbatsmoru
02 Jun 2005, 23:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Off topic - getting an avatar
Replies: 0
Views: 2499

Off topic - getting an avatar

I've tried to save an avatar from those given on the site, but everytime I log off it isn't saved. I've saved it numerous time to no avail - what am I doing wrong? :(