Search found 10 matches
- 22 Aug 2017, 17:07
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Family Crest/Sigil
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5095
Re: Family Crest/Sigil
More than likely, there isn't one. Most families don't have these. Especially those whose ancestors emigrated from Italy. Most of our ancestors left because they were poor and seeking a better life. These were not the type of people who had family crests.
- 01 Dec 2014, 15:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Jure Sanguinis Document Help!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2601
Re: Jure Sanguinis Document Help!
Thanks for the info. Being in California, I didn't know that.TerraLavoro wrote:The certificate of Italian Citizenship is usually only required by the consulates in Canada.
- 30 Nov 2014, 22:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Jure Sanguinis Document Help!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2601
Re: Jure Sanguinis Document Help!
The apostille does not need to be translated, but any document that requires an apostille will need to be translated. You can translate them yourself, if you have a basic knowledge/understanding of Italian. DO NOT use Bing or Google translate.
Write to the comune of his birth and request the ...
Write to the comune of his birth and request the ...
- 25 Nov 2014, 19:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family Crest
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5202
Re: Family Crest
Most Italian emigrants were not 'gentry' and had no family crest. The more affluent, and those who were nobility, had little reason to leave.
- 25 Nov 2014, 19:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need newer documents?!?!?!
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1246
Need newer documents?!?!?!
I sent my dad's b/c for the apostille. Yesterday I rec'd a rejection letter from the Nebraska SOS office.
" We are returning your documents for the following reason: State Official signature on the Birth certificate is no long on record with our office. Please request a new Certified Birth ...
" We are returning your documents for the following reason: State Official signature on the Birth certificate is no long on record with our office. Please request a new Certified Birth ...
- 25 Nov 2014, 00:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Italian Genealogy Researcher for Pomarico
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7092
Re: Looking for Italian Genealogy Researcher for Pomarico
Are you still looking for assistance? My nonni are from Pomarico and I go every other year. I have access to many records from Pomarico and have met their local 'historian'. Unfortunately, Pietro does not speak English, nor use the internet.
Hoping to be a cittadino when I return in 2015.
Hoping to be a cittadino when I return in 2015.
- 03 Jun 2011, 18:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scandiffio
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7339
Re: Scandiffio
There are still quite a few Scandiffios in Pomarico. I was there in December, when I met Gennaro Scandiffio, a local artist, who sells his work out of his home. There is also a street, Via M. Scandiffio on the outskirts of Pomarico.
~~Michele
~~Michele
- 11 Oct 2008, 22:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surnames from Pomarico / Pomaricani cognome
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12495
Re: surnames from Pomarico / Pomaricani cognome
Dear Michael I am bemused by the fact that you made an obvioius unecessary inquiry to obtain information that you apparently did not need instead of requesting information about your true research objective??
Why the smoke and mirrors?? =Peter=
As I stated .. I forgot to include the info I ...
Why the smoke and mirrors?? =Peter=
As I stated .. I forgot to include the info I ...
- 11 Oct 2008, 14:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surnames from Pomarico / Pomaricani cognome
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12495
Re: surnames from Pomarico / Pomaricani cognome
Thanks for the replies.
I forgot to state that I have viewed the legible records from the LDS microfilms, and have just about all the records for Antonio and Francesca, who came to America. I also have the U.S. records for Margherite. Although Vito Camillo and Michele came to the U.S. ("Birds of ...
I forgot to state that I have viewed the legible records from the LDS microfilms, and have just about all the records for Antonio and Francesca, who came to America. I also have the U.S. records for Margherite. Although Vito Camillo and Michele came to the U.S. ("Birds of ...
- 10 Oct 2008, 18:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surnames from Pomarico / Pomaricani cognome
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12495
surnames from Pomarico / Pomaricani cognome
Ferrandina, Vincenzo (born c.1840)
married to: DiCicco, Isabella (born c.1845)
Children: Vito Camillo (Lucrezia Padulla), Michele (Angela Saragnano), Margherite (Ferdinando Glionna) , Antonio born 1873 (Francesca Dianora)
Dianora, Francesco (born c.1855)
Married to: DiPrimo, Brigida (born c.1855 ...
married to: DiCicco, Isabella (born c.1845)
Children: Vito Camillo (Lucrezia Padulla), Michele (Angela Saragnano), Margherite (Ferdinando Glionna) , Antonio born 1873 (Francesca Dianora)
Dianora, Francesco (born c.1855)
Married to: DiPrimo, Brigida (born c.1855 ...