Search found 5 matches
- 30 May 2006, 10:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How did my grandfather enter the US?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5937
Re: How did my grandfather enter the US?
Did you see the Philadelphia Passenger Lists for 1800-1945? It shows an Amedeo Sereno b. abt. 1889 arriving from Naples on May 1, 1909.
- 08 May 2006, 00:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for links
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4054
Re: looking for links
I'm a Gatto.
My Grandfather, Gaetano Gatto, was born in Bronte, Sicily, and immigrated to Carbondale, PA, where my Dad was born.
I was born and raised in Jersey (Woodbridge area).
Patti
My Grandfather, Gaetano Gatto, was born in Bronte, Sicily, and immigrated to Carbondale, PA, where my Dad was born.
I was born and raised in Jersey (Woodbridge area).
Patti
- 07 Oct 2005, 22:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for Monti, Ciuccio, Curatolo, Broccoli
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9085
Re: looking for Monti, Ciuccio, Curatolo, Broccoli
"My grandparents were born in Italy, my parents are first generation. As children, my parents & their siblings were tormented and physically picked on."
ajmonti:
You are so right! That was the basis for our children's book - bullying. My husband and his brother were picked on because their Papa ...
ajmonti:
You are so right! That was the basis for our children's book - bullying. My husband and his brother were picked on because their Papa ...
- 07 Oct 2005, 22:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Hello - Searching for Gatto's
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3464
Re: Hello - Searching for Gatto's
mfjp:
Thank you for your reply! Great suggestion, and I will do just that.
Best wishes,
Patti
Thank you for your reply! Great suggestion, and I will do just that.
Best wishes,
Patti
- 07 Oct 2005, 00:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Hello - Searching for Gatto's
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3464
Hello - Searching for Gatto's
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have just begun the journey. I'm starting with my Dad's family.
My grandfather, Gaetano Gatto, was from Bronte, Sicily. He arrived in the US May 1, 1909 (age 17) on the Italia sailing out of Palermo. He settled in Carbondale, PA. His parents were Nunzio Gatto and ...
My grandfather, Gaetano Gatto, was from Bronte, Sicily. He arrived in the US May 1, 1909 (age 17) on the Italia sailing out of Palermo. He settled in Carbondale, PA. His parents were Nunzio Gatto and ...