Search found 5 matches

by elizabethiam
26 Oct 2005, 23:28
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Marcovecchio or Carlomagno in Agnone
Replies: 6
Views: 21137

Re: Marcovecchio or Carlomagno in Agnone

mfjp, you are helping me so much to learn how to do this type of research! I hope to someday pay it forward by teaching other people too. I have found the very idea completely daunting in the past, but now by taking a few steps it is opening up to me.

I had never seen that right side link before ...
by elizabethiam
26 Oct 2005, 23:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: DeSimone family
Replies: 6
Views: 8448

Re: DeSimone family

Thank you, MFJP, for your quick replies! So when you say that now is a good time to get samples of Italian vital records, you mean so that I can learn how to understand the records I will be reviewing, right?

Also, you said, " If I should ever make it back to Italy... the Comune would be the second ...
by elizabethiam
26 Oct 2005, 10:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: DeSimone family
Replies: 6
Views: 8448

Re: DeSimone family

Thanks for the info. I have actually ordered the microfilm from my local FHL here near Akron. I will go through it as closely as I can.

A man at the comune in Agnone helped me for an entire day (minus his 3-hour Italian pranzo). I appreciated his help so much. I photocopied what I could.

To be ...
by elizabethiam
26 Oct 2005, 10:24
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Marcovecchio or Carlomagno in Agnone
Replies: 6
Views: 21137

Marcovecchio or Carlomagno in Agnone

Hi. In addition to the DeSimone line (see my other post) I am also looking for information on Domenico MARCOVECCHIO who was born in Agnone around 1797, and Serafina CARLOMAGNO who was born in Agnone around 1794. These would be my great x4 grandparents. (They gave birth to Carmine Marcovecchio B: 22 ...
by elizabethiam
26 Oct 2005, 09:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: DeSimone family
Replies: 6
Views: 8448

DeSimone family

I am looking for Pasquale Desimone who possibly was born and died in Agnone, Prov. Campobasso, Italy around 1848.

I have the birth certificate of my great grandfather Carmine DeSimone, which I photocopied this summer when I visited the Commune in Agnone. Carmine was born 8 Apr 1888, and on the ...