Search found 3 matches
- 29 Mar 2006, 15:17
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: ship manifest
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4154
ship manifest
What does the stamp "NON IMMIGRANT ALIEN " mean when it is stamped on the Country/ City or Town squares on the ships manifest of a person is from? Does it have any thing to with becoming a citizen of the USA>
- 28 Mar 2006, 13:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: need help finding g-aunt from 1920-1930's
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8531
Re: need help finding g-aunt from 1920-1930's
If New York and New Jeresy have City directories check them for names addresses of where they lived. I would also try the daily newspapers local library. They may have the newspapers on microfilm with a vital statics section where they listed births, marriages,deaths, and divorces and memberships in ...
- 28 Mar 2006, 12:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translations of documents-Atti di Mattrimonio
- Replies: 28
- Views: 37045
Re: Translations of documents-Atti di Mattrimonio
To all that need help translating Italian documents. There are two free translations services that I have used and they work well.
www.appliedlanguage.com I have used this to translate words from an Italian passport of a dead realitive. Wok real good.
babelfish.altavista.com I havent used this in ...
www.appliedlanguage.com I have used this to translate words from an Italian passport of a dead realitive. Wok real good.
babelfish.altavista.com I havent used this in ...