Thanks erudita74
I have looked for my John Lando b 1836 again but no luck. He was on all the Scottish Censuses from 1851 as born in Genoa but a British Subject. When I originally looked at these records they were the original enteries.
I will again at the Catholic records online.
Search found 23 matches
- 11 Jan 2022, 20:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family Search Records
- Replies: 3
- Views: 870
- 11 Jan 2022, 16:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family Search Records
- Replies: 3
- Views: 870
Family Search Records
A few years ago I searched the following at the local Family History Centre but found nothing.
The Genoa British Chaplaincy Parish registers for births Film no.883830.
The Microfilm of original manuscripts for rites performed by Anglican clergy for British subjects living in Genoa, Livorno and ...
The Genoa British Chaplaincy Parish registers for births Film no.883830.
The Microfilm of original manuscripts for rites performed by Anglican clergy for British subjects living in Genoa, Livorno and ...
- 18 Apr 2016, 11:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Still looking for Information John
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1545
Re: Still looking for Information John
mmogno
Thanks for all the links as I cannot speak Italian I am having to use google to Translate which takes time, the ugly page makes interesting reading.
Why was John escaping as a stowaway when there was a British Ship in the harbour I wonder what crime had he committed?
Giovanni Battista Lando ...
Thanks for all the links as I cannot speak Italian I am having to use google to Translate which takes time, the ugly page makes interesting reading.
Why was John escaping as a stowaway when there was a British Ship in the harbour I wonder what crime had he committed?
Giovanni Battista Lando ...
- 16 Apr 2016, 17:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Still looking for Information John
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1545
Still looking for Information John
The family story is that my ancestor John Lando escaped from Genoa as a young man because there was some sort of vendetta against the family. A member of his family was a crew on a ship that John escaped on to Scotland. The crew members were most probably a Giovanni Battista Lando and Angelo Marengo ...
- 16 Aug 2013, 14:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Contacting a member
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1574
Contacting a member
Hi I sent a private message to a memeber who had tried to contact me some 3 years ago but I have not had a reply. Is there any way of contacting him now as I have some information for him concerning our Lando connection.
The members name is Matthew Cachia Zammit, I believe he is based in Malta ...
The members name is Matthew Cachia Zammit, I believe he is based in Malta ...
- 13 May 2013, 17:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merchant Seaman named Lando
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10946
Re: Merchant Seaman named Lando
I now believe that John Lando left Genoa because of Italian War period named the Sack of Genoa.It happened between 5 April and 11 April 1849 when soldiers resorted to the most petty actions against civilians, raping women and killing fathers and brothers who opposed the massacre, firing at the ...
- 01 Oct 2012, 16:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merchant Seaman named Lando
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10946
Re: Merchant Seaman named Lando
Livio
Thank you very much in assisting me in the search to find my ancestor. I have sent a letter today and hope to have success.
Thank you again
Maggie
Thank you very much in assisting me in the search to find my ancestor. I have sent a letter today and hope to have success.
Thank you again
Maggie
- 01 Oct 2012, 11:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merchant Seaman named Lando
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10946
Re: Merchant Seaman named Lando
Livio
I have received this reply from Italy
Con riferimento alla Sua richiesta intesa ad ottenere l'estratto dell'atto di nascita di Giovanni Lando e John Lando, Le comunichiamo che i nostri registri hanno decorrenza dall'anno 1866 e che, pertanto, siamo nell'impossibilità di evadere la Sua ...
I have received this reply from Italy
Con riferimento alla Sua richiesta intesa ad ottenere l'estratto dell'atto di nascita di Giovanni Lando e John Lando, Le comunichiamo che i nostri registri hanno decorrenza dall'anno 1866 e che, pertanto, siamo nell'impossibilità di evadere la Sua ...
- 24 Sep 2012, 16:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merchant Seaman named Lando
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10946
Re: Merchant Seaman named Lando
Thanks Livio for that information a letter is on its way.
Maggie
Maggie
- 23 Sep 2012, 10:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merchant Seaman named Lando
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10946
Re: Merchant Seaman named Lando
I have now found that Captain Gionanni Lando obtained his Masters Certificate in 1866, giving his place of birth as MONEGLIA, GENOA in 1833. Are there any Baptism records available for this area?
On the 1911 Scottish Census my John Lando states he is British by parentage i.e one perant is British ...
On the 1911 Scottish Census my John Lando states he is British by parentage i.e one perant is British ...
- 03 Feb 2010, 19:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merchant Seaman named Lando
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10946
Re: Merchant Seaman named Lando
Peter
There are no records of the Captain Lando's dying at sea on the British records. Our John did come from Genoa.
I have all the British Census's and birth details of Lando, Landi and Landau. A person visited a Lando cousin in Scotland as his name was Lando and said 3 Lando's came to England and ...
There are no records of the Captain Lando's dying at sea on the British records. Our John did come from Genoa.
I have all the British Census's and birth details of Lando, Landi and Landau. A person visited a Lando cousin in Scotland as his name was Lando and said 3 Lando's came to England and ...
- 31 Jan 2010, 13:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merchant Seaman named Lando
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10946
Re: Merchant Seaman named Lando
I posted my query on the Genova Forum but I have not received any relevant information to date.
Giovanni Lando died at sea on 26/7 June 1873 and the other Captain A O Lando died near Cardiff, Wales on 25 November 1899. Would their death be notified in Italy and if so would they be on the death ...
Giovanni Lando died at sea on 26/7 June 1873 and the other Captain A O Lando died near Cardiff, Wales on 25 November 1899. Would their death be notified in Italy and if so would they be on the death ...
- 12 Oct 2009, 10:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merchant Seaman named Lando
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10946
Re: Merchant Seaman named Lando
Thanks Peter and Liviomoreno
That's good news that Giovanni is the same as John as it helps sort out a puzzle we had.
The family story is that our John Lando left Italy as there was some sort of vendetta against the family. His father was a Petty Officer in the Italian Merchant Navy and arranged ...
That's good news that Giovanni is the same as John as it helps sort out a puzzle we had.
The family story is that our John Lando left Italy as there was some sort of vendetta against the family. His father was a Petty Officer in the Italian Merchant Navy and arranged ...
- 11 Oct 2009, 13:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merchant Seaman named Lando
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10946
Merchant Seaman named Lando
I have received information from The Lloyds of London Index of Sea Captains.
Giovanni Lando born Genoa in 1833 was made a Captain in 1866. He was on a vessel named Austerlitz which went missing on 25/26 June 1873.
I believe that he was my ancestor's brother John Lando who went to Scotland aged 14 ...
Giovanni Lando born Genoa in 1833 was made a Captain in 1866. He was on a vessel named Austerlitz which went missing on 25/26 June 1873.
I believe that he was my ancestor's brother John Lando who went to Scotland aged 14 ...
- 19 Sep 2009, 16:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: John Lando from Genoa to Scotland in 1850
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7125
Re: John Lando from Genoa to Scotland in 1850
We have found out that the Poletti family were China Merchants in Biggar Scotland so when in the late 1890's a Ships Captain possibly John Lando's brother arrived in Biggar to try to find his brother but with no luck.
John's brother was probably on the ship supplying china to the Poletti family ...
John's brother was probably on the ship supplying china to the Poletti family ...