Thank you for those tips! Church of Latter day Saints looked promising, but I couldn't find a birth certificate on John from them. I have tried libraries, the ones close to me don't have a paid membership to ancestry.
My main objective of finding my great-grandmother's maiden name is so that I can ...
Search found 13 matches
- 05 Feb 2008, 01:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great-Grandmother's maiden name - HELP!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12503
- 04 Feb 2008, 23:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great-Grandmother's maiden name - HELP!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12503
Re: Great-Grandmother's maiden name - HELP!
Thank you, Peggy! Fantastic idea! At the moment though I must confess that I haven't the money at this time to purchase such a document. Is there any other way to find his mother's maiden name?
- 04 Feb 2008, 23:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great-Grandmother's maiden name - HELP!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12503
Re: Great-Grandmother's maiden name - HELP!
That John Staffieri is very spot on because my grandmother said he went to Nevada at some point in his life. So you might be right, it very well may have been his father that came from Sicily.
Thank you for the census by the way, it looks correct to me (at least) and I see the mother's name is Rose ...
Thank you for the census by the way, it looks correct to me (at least) and I see the mother's name is Rose ...
- 04 Feb 2008, 20:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great-Grandmother's maiden name - HELP!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12503
Re: Great-Grandmother's maiden name - HELP!
According to my grandmother she said that John told her that he was from Sicily, I didn't find that out until a month ago. She doesn't know what exact part though. My guess is Catania because I searched his name on this site: http://gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html
- 04 Feb 2008, 07:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Great-Grandmother's maiden name - HELP!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12503
Great-Grandmother's maiden name - HELP!
Hello, you probably don't remember me but I came here a long time ago asking for information about a John Staffieri. And all of you here were kind enough to help me with that and the information you provided was...
<B>John STAFFIERI
Birth Date: 3 Oct 1914
Death Date: 6 Aug 1998
Social Security ...
<B>John STAFFIERI
Birth Date: 3 Oct 1914
Death Date: 6 Aug 1998
Social Security ...
- 16 Oct 2006, 18:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info about a Staffieri
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16786
- 01 Oct 2006, 20:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info about a Staffieri
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16786
Re: Looking for info about a Staffieri
Very good point, nuccia. According to my dad, that record for Dominick looks very probable.
John Staffieri 3 Oct 1914 6 Aug 1998 Henderson, Clark, Nevada
Any way to confirm this?
Yes, my dad says that this is the one because years ago, 1996 or 97, he contacted one of his half-brothers through ...
John Staffieri 3 Oct 1914 6 Aug 1998 Henderson, Clark, Nevada
Any way to confirm this?
Yes, my dad says that this is the one because years ago, 1996 or 97, he contacted one of his half-brothers through ...
- 30 Sep 2006, 07:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info about a Staffieri
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16786
Re: Looking for info about a Staffieri
Thanks for enlarging that census and the additional information. Speaking of which, I just got word from my father that John Staffieri had a brother named Dominick who passed away in either the late 1970s or the early 1980s. Which makes me wonder now if this 1914 John Staffieri IS my Grandfather or ...
- 30 Sep 2006, 02:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info about a Staffieri
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16786
Re: Looking for info about a Staffieri
Hello,
Yes, I've just recently confirmed that the John Staffieri in the 1930 census is indeed my Grandfather. Thank you for asking
Yes, I've just recently confirmed that the John Staffieri in the 1930 census is indeed my Grandfather. Thank you for asking
- 28 Sep 2006, 03:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info about a Staffieri
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16786
Re: Looking for info about a Staffieri
Hello again,
It's been a while since I last posted here, I hope you guys remember me
I come to ask for your assistance again. As far as I know, this John Staffieri was Sicilian, so what'd I'd love to find out the most is possibly what part of Sicily was he, or his parents, from?
It's been a while since I last posted here, I hope you guys remember me
- 26 Jun 2006, 11:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info about a Staffieri
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16786
Re: Looking for info about a Staffieri
It looks very probable. That's amazing, where did you find this census?
By the way, I don't mean to be a pest, but is there any more information about this John Staffieri?
By the way, I don't mean to be a pest, but is there any more information about this John Staffieri?
- 22 Jun 2006, 04:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info about a Staffieri
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16786
Re: Looking for info about a Staffieri
Thank you so much for the replys. I really am so grateful for the information you've given me. The only one that looks the most probable would be the John Staffieri born in 1914.
You wanted to know my Grandmother's name; her name was Regina Samborski, I'm not sure how to spell that but I think that ...
You wanted to know my Grandmother's name; her name was Regina Samborski, I'm not sure how to spell that but I think that ...
- 21 Jun 2006, 12:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info about a Staffieri
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16786
Looking for info about a Staffieri
Hello, I'm looking for possible information about my Grandfather, John Staffieri. I've never met him and I'm pretty sure that he is not alive anymore. But I'd like to know about him. As far as I know he was in his 30s or 40s when he met my grandmother in Philadelphia, PA. She was I think 18 at the ...