Search found 5 matches
- 05 Jul 2007, 14:22
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Martina Franca (TA)
- Replies: 10
- Views: 14739
Martina Franca (TA)
I am trying to identify the name and address of the public cemetary in Martina Franca (TA) (Puglia) where my grandparents and other D'Oria relatives are interred. Can anyone help me?
- 29 Sep 2006, 21:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigrants from Martina Franca (TA)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17122
Re: Immigrants from Martina Franca (TA)
John,
Thank you very much for the information. I've already added it to my Family TreeMaker file. Hopefully, sometime next week I will make my first visit to the Family Search Library in Charlotte, N.C. to reserve and rent several films that may help me complete more of the blanks in my records ...
Thank you very much for the information. I've already added it to my Family TreeMaker file. Hopefully, sometime next week I will make my first visit to the Family Search Library in Charlotte, N.C. to reserve and rent several films that may help me complete more of the blanks in my records ...
- 27 Sep 2006, 22:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigrants from Martina Franca (TA)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17122
Re: Immigrants from Martina Franca (TA)
Thanks for the information. Of my father's maternal ancestors there are the surnames Chiatante and Fumerola. Comasia Chiatante (abt. 1791) married Martino Liuzzi in 1812. They had at least one child, Angela Martina Liuzzi, born July 4, 1813. Regarding the Fumarola surname, Anna Fumarola (abt. 1802 ...
- 25 Sep 2006, 21:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigrants from Martina Franca (TA)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17122
Re: Immigrants from Martina Franca (TA)
I have been using Family Treemaker for about 5 years. Much of my information has come from talking with cousins in Martina Franca whom I visited several years ago. From there, I researched the net including Ancestry.com and others. I will soon visit the Family History Center in Charlotte, N.C. to ...
- 25 Sep 2006, 03:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigrants from Martina Franca (TA)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17122
Re: Immigrants from Martina Franca (TA)
My father, Donato D'Oria, was born in Martina Franca in 1888. His father, Francesco D'Oria, was born there in 1825. His mother's maiden name was Anna Montanaro. She was born in Martina Franca in 1827. Other names in my family tree related to Martina Franca are Liuzzi, Lodeserto, Chiatante,
and Serio ...
and Serio ...