Search found 7 matches

by Goldenguinea
19 Mar 2013, 14:53
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Family terms in Italian
Replies: 2
Views: 4164

Family terms in Italian

Does anyone know how Italians refer to a first cousin's child? In English we would say he is my first cousin once removed. How would this be referred to in Italian?
by Goldenguinea
15 Jul 2008, 11:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: How to find if a town was created from another town in Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 3680

Re: How to find if a town was created from another town in I

I wasnt looking for a town in particular at the moment. Thanks for the link it looks useful to start with :)
by Goldenguinea
11 Jul 2008, 12:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: How to find if a town was created from another town in Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 3680

How to find if a town was created from another town in Italy

Does anyone know how I would be able to find out when a town was created and if it had been part of a neighboring town prior to its creation?
by Goldenguinea
11 Jul 2008, 12:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: birth act where the mother declines to be named?
Replies: 3
Views: 5418

Re: birth act where the mother declines to be named?

I dont know about your specific case but as I researched my family's town records via the LDS micro films I noticed quite a few birth records where the wife wasnt named. Lots of times the men were in their 50s or older (with a few in their 80s LOL) so I just assumed the children were illegitimate. I ...
by Goldenguinea
02 Jul 2008, 16:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Any Italian language genealogy forums?
Replies: 1
Views: 3120

Any Italian language genealogy forums?

Does anyone know if there are any Italaian language genealogy forums similar to the forums on Ancestry.com or Genealogy.com?
by Goldenguinea
01 Aug 2006, 05:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Mastronardi from Frosinone
Replies: 4
Views: 3416

Re: Mastronardi from Frosinone

My Father was the first to come to the USA then his father came over later. I was the first born here. I dont have birth certicates for my grandfather great grandfather or great great grandfather. Also the birth and death dates for my great grandfather and great great grandfather are only guesses ...
by Goldenguinea
31 Jul 2006, 06:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Mastronardi from Frosinone
Replies: 4
Views: 3416

Mastronardi from Frosinone

My father's family comes from the town of Frosinone in the province of Frosinone in Lazio. Im looking for any info anyone may have My father is Antonio. His father was Ernesto. His father was Giacomo. And his father was Pietro Angelo.