I searched the databases at www.italiangen.org to look for my husband's grandfather petition for naturalization.
I found two people with his name in Bronx County Court of NY Naturalization Records Index 1914 - 1952
Here are the two people.
Jacobellis Frank # 53928
Jacobellis Frank Vol 97 Page ...
Search found 36 matches
- 24 Jul 2007, 00:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: how to search bronx petition
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2652
- 29 Apr 2007, 18:45
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Ducato di Lucca - birth records? HELP!!!
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3267
Ducato di Lucca - birth records? HELP!!!
I'm helping a friend to search for her great-great-grandfather Jose' (Giuseppe ?) Piani born in the Ducato di Lucca between 1840 and 1855.
She does not know exactly the date nor the village he was from. He just reported he was from the province of Lucca born around the 1850s when he got married in ...
She does not know exactly the date nor the village he was from. He just reported he was from the province of Lucca born around the 1850s when he got married in ...
- 29 Apr 2007, 18:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Ducato di Lucca - birth records? HELP!!!
- Replies: 1
- Views: 9323
Ducato di Lucca - birth records? HELP!!!
I'm helping a friend to search for her great-great-grandfather Jose' (Giuseppe ?) Piani born in the Ducato di Lucca between 1840 and 1855.
She does not know exactly the date nor the village he was from. He just reported he was from the province of Lucca born around the 1850s when he got married in ...
She does not know exactly the date nor the village he was from. He just reported he was from the province of Lucca born around the 1850s when he got married in ...
- 05 Mar 2007, 21:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with civil records about Trieste
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4343
Re: Help with civil records about Trieste
Thanks Riccardo! That's very helpful!
By the way, do you have any idea if a town called Tyrolia (Austria and/or Italy) does exist?
Raffy
By the way, do you have any idea if a town called Tyrolia (Austria and/or Italy) does exist?
Raffy
- 05 Mar 2007, 19:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help with civil records about Trieste
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4343
Help with civil records about Trieste
Hello,
can anyone help me getting me started on research about a relative born in Trieste around 1895.
I believe Trieste was under the Austrian empire at that time and I do not know where to look for records!
Thanks,
Raffy
can anyone help me getting me started on research about a relative born in Trieste around 1895.
I believe Trieste was under the Austrian empire at that time and I do not know where to look for records!
Thanks,
Raffy
- 27 Feb 2007, 16:59
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Laureno ? near Naples
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5287
Laureno ? near Naples
Hi does anybody know if Laureno or Laurano or a town that sound similar is near Naples?
Thanks,
Raffy
Thanks,
Raffy
- 12 Oct 2006, 21:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need birth information of my Grandfather - Angelo Vitale?
- Replies: 29
- Views: 32320
Re: Need birth information of my Grandfather - Angelo Vitale
My grandfather, Angelo Vitale came to Omaha, Nebraska (USA) from Sicily around 1912. He married Lucia Monaco in 1918 (Omaha, Nebraska) who was from Carlentini, Sicily.
I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. His father's name was Angelo as well and his mother's name was Sarah Vitale ...
I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. His father's name was Angelo as well and his mother's name was Sarah Vitale ...
- 12 Oct 2006, 19:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need birth information of my Grandfather - Angelo Vitale?
- Replies: 29
- Views: 32320
Re: Need birth information of my Grandfather - Angelo Vitale
My grandfather, Angelo Vitale came to Omaha, Nebraska (USA) from Sicily around 1912. He married Lucia Monaco in 1918 (Omaha, Nebraska) who was from Carlentini, Sicily.
I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. His father's name was Angelo as well and his mother's name was Sarah Vitale ...
I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. His father's name was Angelo as well and his mother's name was Sarah Vitale ...
- 11 Oct 2006, 02:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: military cards from Schio, Venice
- Replies: 19
- Views: 19801
Re: military cards from Schio, Venice
Riccardo,
thank you very much for your explanation!!! :D
Raffy
Ally,
unless Riccardo has specific reasons to believe the state archives in Veneto will not reply to your email I would try anyway before sending the letter and the postage.
I wrote to the State Archives in Enna and Catania. None ...
thank you very much for your explanation!!! :D
Raffy
Ally,
unless Riccardo has specific reasons to believe the state archives in Veneto will not reply to your email I would try anyway before sending the letter and the postage.
I wrote to the State Archives in Enna and Catania. None ...
- 11 Oct 2006, 02:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: military cards from Schio, Venice
- Replies: 19
- Views: 19801
Re: military cards from Schio, Venice
Ally,
unless Riccardo has specific reasons to believe the state archives in Veneto will not reply to your email I would try anyway before sending the letter and the postage.
I wrote to the State Archives in Enna and Catania. None of them replied to my email but after a month I have received a ...
unless Riccardo has specific reasons to believe the state archives in Veneto will not reply to your email I would try anyway before sending the letter and the postage.
I wrote to the State Archives in Enna and Catania. None of them replied to my email but after a month I have received a ...
- 11 Oct 2006, 00:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: military cards from Schio, Venice
- Replies: 19
- Views: 19801
Re: military cards from Schio, Venice
Ally are you sure they were from Schio, Venice?
I know there is a Schio in the province of Vicenza.
My family lives about 45 minutes from there.
If it is the one in Vicenza here are the information about the Comune.
Comune di Schio
Piazza Statuto, 16 - 36015 (Vi)
Tel. 0445 691111
info@comune.schio ...
I know there is a Schio in the province of Vicenza.
My family lives about 45 minutes from there.
If it is the one in Vicenza here are the information about the Comune.
Comune di Schio
Piazza Statuto, 16 - 36015 (Vi)
Tel. 0445 691111
info@comune.schio ...
- 05 Oct 2006, 19:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island record after 1924?
- Replies: 29
- Views: 31227
Re: Ellis Island record after 1924?
Raffy, what was Ignazia's husband's name?
Thanks! Valarie
Valerie,
Ignazia's husband is
0021. D'Alio, Antonino M 41y S Italian South Nicosia, Catania arrive at Ellis Island in 1908.
I think Ignazia lastname is misspelled.
Her full nama is Ignazia Francesca Gaita married D'Alio.
The family was ...
Thanks! Valarie
Valerie,
Ignazia's husband is
0021. D'Alio, Antonino M 41y S Italian South Nicosia, Catania arrive at Ellis Island in 1908.
I think Ignazia lastname is misspelled.
Her full nama is Ignazia Francesca Gaita married D'Alio.
The family was ...
- 05 Oct 2006, 02:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island record after 1924?
- Replies: 29
- Views: 31227
Re: Ellis Island record after 1924?
Thanks Valarie,
your info was very helpful. I found very interesting data.
IF you have a chance can you check in Ancestry if there are any additional information about:
D'Alio Francesca died on Nvv 4 1909 when she was 11 months old in Manhattan
and
D'Allio Ignazia died on Sep 5 1920 when she was ...
your info was very helpful. I found very interesting data.
IF you have a chance can you check in Ancestry if there are any additional information about:
D'Alio Francesca died on Nvv 4 1909 when she was 11 months old in Manhattan
and
D'Allio Ignazia died on Sep 5 1920 when she was ...
- 03 Oct 2006, 20:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island record after 1924?
- Replies: 29
- Views: 31227
Re: Ellis Island record after 1924?
Valarie,
is there any other evidence that Carmala come from Italy to the US after this 1913 trip?
We know she did came back but apparently from this manifest she did not sail on this trip.
Raffy
Carmela Falco D'Alio
Raffy,
A trip home?
Valarie
possible 1913 manifest - did not sail
text ...
is there any other evidence that Carmala come from Italy to the US after this 1913 trip?
We know she did came back but apparently from this manifest she did not sail on this trip.
Raffy
Carmela Falco D'Alio
Raffy,
A trip home?
Valarie
possible 1913 manifest - did not sail
text ...
- 03 Oct 2006, 19:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ellis Island record after 1924?
- Replies: 29
- Views: 31227
Re: Ellis Island record after 1924?
Valarie,
the data from the 1920 are infact of them.
Nicolo' D'Alio died in 1919 and Carmela report to be widowed.
The names and date of the children do match even if they are mispelled or slightly incorrect.
Carmela children are
Michael born in 1910
Thomas born in 1914
Domenica born in 1917
Teresa ...
the data from the 1920 are infact of them.
Nicolo' D'Alio died in 1919 and Carmela report to be widowed.
The names and date of the children do match even if they are mispelled or slightly incorrect.
Carmela children are
Michael born in 1910
Thomas born in 1914
Domenica born in 1917
Teresa ...