Search found 4 matches
- 08 Oct 2006, 07:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: I have the surname of the noble family Graffeo!!
- Replies: 22
- Views: 28361
Re: I have the surname of the noble family Graffeo!!
....However being the realistic sort, I do not believe my family could be related to these people by blood. I think it more likely that one of my ancestors worked in a household or on the land of a Graffeo noble. I think this is the case because if my family was ever a member of this family the ...
- 03 Sep 2006, 02:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: In Need Of An Expert Opinion
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3949
Re: In Need Of An Expert Opinion
When considering DNA testing in regard to your ancestry, you always have to think in the long term, hundreds and thousands of years. This is because, especially when discussing a haplogroup (which R1a is), the mutations occur very rarely.
Although there are no hard and fast rules which link one ...
Although there are no hard and fast rules which link one ...
- 11 Aug 2006, 05:49
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Palermo, Sicily
- Replies: 13
- Views: 18423
Re: Palermo, Sicily
Nunsiata,
I was at the Family History Center yesterday and looked at the microfilm for records of 1876-1905. I checked for the marriage records from 1885-1891, even though you said your ancestors' marriage was in the 1887-1889 period.
The good news is that there didn't seem to be any missing ...
I was at the Family History Center yesterday and looked at the microfilm for records of 1876-1905. I checked for the marriage records from 1885-1891, even though you said your ancestors' marriage was in the 1887-1889 period.
The good news is that there didn't seem to be any missing ...
- 06 Aug 2006, 10:34
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Palermo, Sicily
- Replies: 13
- Views: 18423
Re: Palermo, Sicily
Would that be the city of Palermo or the province? I am looking for marriage records for Mezzoiuso around 1887 - 1889. I just haven't gotten over to my local FHC because they're closed on my day off!
If it's the province, and you don't mind, here is the information I'm looking for:
Pietra Viscardi ...
If it's the province, and you don't mind, here is the information I'm looking for:
Pietra Viscardi ...