Yes that has to be her. I printed the form, will send away for it. Wonder what she died of.
Thanks, I will let you know of any new developments and I appreciate your keeping me in mind on future research, and anything you may come accross...
Search found 17 matches
- 12 Sep 2006, 18:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
- 12 Sep 2006, 06:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
OK. I will work on that, and see what I get. I will let you know if there is any information that would help you to find out more. No I don't know exactly when they died, my memory says late mid to late 50's. I believe my grandfather died before her, she lived or so I was told until her 80's. One of ...
- 11 Sep 2006, 08:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Yes it is amazing all the wonderful collection of history that I have received in less than 24 hours. It makes me feel good, because I have searched and searched to no avail, hours and hours, and don't know anything more than when I started, and you guys found out all this in less than 24 hours. I ...
- 11 Sep 2006, 07:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
I think that is him, and he would be 25. What is weird is that it says he is married, unless it is a typo and the name looks like my grandmothers name, on the person who sponsored him, but it could be her brother, so it would be a cousin, by marriage. This is really strange. He was a printer, but ...
- 11 Sep 2006, 04:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Why I can't see it and print it as it on page two. Can u send me the second page. When I enlarge it, I see the items, but when it prints it only prints the first page. Thanks.
- 11 Sep 2006, 04:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Never mind, I found it was there. Thanks, You guys are great.
- 11 Sep 2006, 04:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
The 1920 one did not show their names. Is there another page I can look at?
- 11 Sep 2006, 02:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
I was told as a kid that my grandmother was born in Palermo, and my grandfather in Sicily. That was all that they told me and I didn't anymore, cause I didn't know I would want to know later on. 
- 11 Sep 2006, 01:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Trying to figure out how I can get that information for you. Everyone has died that knows that info, and those who are still around, don't care about it.
- 10 Sep 2006, 23:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
That is her. Never knew she came over with a sister, or where she was going. Unreal Interesting. Thanks so much. Do u know of a web site, perhaps in Italy that you can find out where my grandparents were born, and something about their ancestors?
- 10 Sep 2006, 21:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Mike, forget my last reply, I finally saw the button to exlarge it.
- 10 Sep 2006, 21:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Is there a way to see the actual manifest, or do they have it blocked out, so you will have to purchase it.
- 10 Sep 2006, 21:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
This is the info I got off of Ellis Island on my grandmother, but can't see the manifest, to know any more details.
Her name on the manifest was: Guiseppa Riggio, from Palerimo, departed from Napoli, 11/22/1901. on the ship Lombardia. That is how the Italians spelled Josephine I guess.
That ...
Her name on the manifest was: Guiseppa Riggio, from Palerimo, departed from Napoli, 11/22/1901. on the ship Lombardia. That is how the Italians spelled Josephine I guess.
That ...
- 10 Sep 2006, 20:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Yes we have come a long way in such a short time. Just that one thing we can't find. Like I said he must have been a stow-away. LOL
My grandfather had three children. My father, Emanuel Joseph Victor Sabbio born Jan 2, 1909. Delivered by a midwife. Then there was an older sister, Mary, who died ...
My grandfather had three children. My father, Emanuel Joseph Victor Sabbio born Jan 2, 1909. Delivered by a midwife. Then there was an older sister, Mary, who died ...
- 10 Sep 2006, 18:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
- Replies: 40
- Views: 24663
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
You sure are digging up all the information. He had three children, Emanuel was my father, and Margaret and Mary my aunts. Mary died quite young.
I noticed the spellings are different, probably why I wasn't able to find out anything. You sure were able to access their NY records. Figured my ...
I noticed the spellings are different, probably why I wasn't able to find out anything. You sure were able to access their NY records. Figured my ...