Search found 11 matches

by JessicaB
12 Mar 2007, 22:34
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Grandmother or grandfathers names
Replies: 5
Views: 7889

Re: Grandmother or grandfathers names

thats what i was wondering..we call my grandmother nonni, but i read it was supposed to be nonna, so i was wondering if it was something italian or if she just wanted us to call her that..thanks a bunch
by JessicaB
12 Mar 2007, 03:11
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Grandmother or grandfathers names
Replies: 5
Views: 7889

Grandmother or grandfathers names

I have a question..in America we often have names for our grandparents..grandma, grandpa..ect..What do Italian grandchildren refer to their grandparents as ?
by JessicaB
03 Dec 2006, 20:56
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Boston ship's manifest
Replies: 19
Views: 16551

Re: Boston ship's manifest

He came over by himself, his brother and sister followed later. His spouses name was Christinia but he married her after he came here. He did move to New York after arriving in Boston, do you think that could be him ?
by JessicaB
03 Dec 2006, 09:04
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Carabinieri help !
Replies: 2
Views: 4740

Re: Carabinieri help !

Thanks so much suanj!
by JessicaB
03 Dec 2006, 00:42
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Boston ship's manifest
Replies: 19
Views: 16551

Re: Boston ship's manifest

I am also trying to find someone who came to Boston from either Potenza or San Mauro Forte. I tried looking at ancestry.com and he is no where to be found. His name is Leonard A. Lacovara, born april 16, 1899 and came to america between 1915-1920. any ideas ?
by JessicaB
03 Dec 2006, 00:32
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Carabinieri help !
Replies: 2
Views: 4740

Carabinieri help !

Hey, does anyone know the correct motto for the Armas dei Carabinieri ? Is it Nei Secoli Fedele or Nei Secoli Fedeli ? please help
by JessicaB
30 Nov 2006, 23:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname Lacovara
Replies: 13
Views: 11308

Re: Surname Lacovara

Thanks Michael, you've been such a big help! I'm going to write to them today. Do you know if they will send me any information or should I specify in the letter what i am looking for ?
by JessicaB
30 Nov 2006, 21:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname Lacovara
Replies: 13
Views: 11308

Re: Surname Lacovara

I havent gotten any info on Peter yet, any advice as to how to find his parent's names ? I believe he lived and died in San Mauro Forte, possibly died in Potenza, I'm not sure yet.
by JessicaB
30 Nov 2006, 03:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname Lacovara
Replies: 13
Views: 11308

Re: Surname Lacovara

Thanks a lot, i need all the help i can get. Also, how would i go about finding Italian military records? b/c i think Peter was in some form of the italian police
by JessicaB
29 Nov 2006, 23:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname Lacovara
Replies: 13
Views: 11308

Re: Surname Lacovara

Peter and Francesca both died in italy and were born around 1873. I do not believe they ever moved to America, but their children did. Their sons name is Leonard (my great grand father) who was born in 1899 in San Mauro Forte, along with Madeline and Rocco. Leonard was married to Christina (or ...
by JessicaB
29 Nov 2006, 21:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname Lacovara
Replies: 13
Views: 11308

Surname Lacovara

Hey everyone, I am trying to find out any information on grandmother's grandfather and mother. There names are Peter and Francesca Lacovara. I believe they both died in Italy so I'm having a hard time finding info for her. If you have any suggestions about how to go about obtaining birth/death ...