Search found 5 matches

by capitul
14 Dec 2006, 00:21
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Declaration Of Intent
Replies: 7
Views: 7443

Re: Declaration Of Intent

Prior to 1906 naturalizations could happen at ANY court, I believe. Federal, State, Municipal.

Nara in NY is very good with their e-mails. I heard back from them quickly. They were also very accomodating by telephone and can give you the specific county clerk to ask for the record, as well. You ...
by capitul
09 Dec 2006, 18:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Obtaining Italian Passport and Citizenship through Marriage
Replies: 9
Views: 15143

Re: Obtaining Italian Passport and Citizenship through Marri

If you want to be an italian citizen, then do it the right way. Dont MARRY somebody just for that purpose. If you really want to work in Europe, why not go to school in Europe? You'd be more likely to find an EU company willing to sponsor you from that approach than the one you are currently taking ...
by capitul
09 Dec 2006, 05:35
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: 1000 and 1 questions
Replies: 3
Views: 3589

Re: 1000 and 1 questions

Update: in a surprising turn of events, a diligent woman at Municipal Archives managed to find the birth record. I am a happy dude!

But, I know for a fact the last name is mispelled (it is Murano instead of Morano). I have the baptism certificate for him, as well as my father's birth record, death ...
by capitul
06 Dec 2006, 01:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: 1000 and 1 questions
Replies: 3
Views: 3589

1000 and 1 questions

Okay, here is a whammy of questions:

In NY, you get the birth records and then you have to get a letter of exemplification. Once that is obtained, you must go to the county clerk and have it approved/verified. From there, you may go and get the apostille. I've heard marriage records are a ...