Search found 4 matches

by smurray
22 Jan 2008, 15:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
Replies: 53
Views: 54161

Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo

Ischia - haven't been doing too much with this recently but something did happen that I thought interesting. I have a 1st cousin that recently died and we went to the funeral in Gilbertsville. I didn't notice that that is where you were from until today. His name was Louis Tate. His mother was Jenny ...
by smurray
12 Jan 2007, 23:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
Replies: 53
Views: 54161

Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo

Thanks Ischia - yes, that is my father, Dominic. Where can I find these public records that you found? Also, Vito was his brother and if Myrtie was found with him in Brookhaven then that is my aunt. I guess that is her given name = we call her Betty. Isn't that strange about not being able to find ...
by smurray
31 Dec 2006, 23:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
Replies: 53
Views: 54161

Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo

Joanne - my family is from Chester. I live in Media now but was born and raised in Chester. My father grew up at 1126 W. Third Street. They never lived in Philadelphia but I know some Dambro's or D'Ambro's continued to visit with my father's sisters throughout the years. My dad, Dominic's siblings ...
by smurray
31 Dec 2006, 00:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
Replies: 53
Views: 54161

Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo

Joanne - I too am looking for Castaldi and D'Ambro from Forio. After reading your post it looks like there is some kind of relationship here. My father, Dominic Castaldi was born to Giovanni and Assunta (Dambro) Castaldi. Isn't that odd?? Dominic was born in 1923. In the 1930 census it states his ...