Thank you tonyric, Peter, johnnyonthespot and elba for all your input and information.
I would like the passport because I am in the process of gathering family information for a family history book I want to create for my daughter (and myself for that matter). I figure the passport may have a ...
Search found 14 matches
- 15 Aug 2008, 03:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Passport Info
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8339
- 14 Aug 2008, 15:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Passport Info
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8339
Re: Italian Passport Info
Peter,
I don't understand, why would I go to the Consulate in Vancouver? My grandparents never lived in Vancouver and the passports I seek were issued in Italy.
Thank you for your help,
Debbie
I don't understand, why would I go to the Consulate in Vancouver? My grandparents never lived in Vancouver and the passports I seek were issued in Italy.
Thank you for your help,
Debbie
- 10 Aug 2008, 21:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Passport Info
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8339
Italian Passport Info
Can anyone tell me where I should send a request for the passport information for my grandparents? Their passports were issued at Melma (TV) on Feb 17, 1922. Melma is now Silea (TV).
Thanks, Debbie
Thanks, Debbie
- 01 Jul 2008, 05:46
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Canadian Genealogy Forum
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3924
Canadian Genealogy Forum
Has anyone tried to get onto the Canadian Genealogy Forum, or any other forum for that matter? I have tried to get on in a number of ways but get an error message each time (Unknown User agent). This is the only forum I have been able to get into. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it ...
- 02 May 2008, 04:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Passports
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4715
Re: Italian Passports
Thank you Elba and Misbris,
I was thinking the same thing about it being a Consulate and you are right in saying that Canada was part of the British Commonwealth in those days. i just thought I would check on this forum. I didn't want to assume in error.
Thanks again,
Debbie
I was thinking the same thing about it being a Consulate and you are right in saying that Canada was part of the British Commonwealth in those days. i just thought I would check on this forum. I didn't want to assume in error.
Thanks again,
Debbie
- 01 May 2008, 17:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Passports
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4715
Italian Passports
Has anyone sent for a copy of their ancestors passport? Where do you send for it? I would think the application would be most helpful as it would have extra information on it. The manifests I have for their entry into Canada have their paaport numbers on them.
Does anyone know what a "British Vice ...
Does anyone know what a "British Vice ...
- 23 Apr 2008, 19:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for naturalization info in Canada
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2669
Searching for naturalization info in Canada
Hi everyone,
I have found an entry for my grandmother when she did her Oath of Allegiance in Canada As our Census is only available until 1911, this is the only record I have been able to find for her. It tells me she took the oath on Mar 19, 1928. I have included the web address if anyone is ...
I have found an entry for my grandmother when she did her Oath of Allegiance in Canada As our Census is only available until 1911, this is the only record I have been able to find for her. It tells me she took the oath on Mar 19, 1928. I have included the web address if anyone is ...
- 16 Apr 2008, 01:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: using PM
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3424
Re: using PM
Ooops...my smilie face didn't work!!
- 16 Apr 2008, 01:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: using PM
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3424
Re: using PM
Thanks for the info. Actually, I like that. It is good to know when the person actually reads the email!!!
Debbie
Debbie
Code: Select all
- 16 Apr 2008, 00:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: using PM
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3424
using PM
I have four messages sitting in my outbox that said they were sent. Why would they not move to my sentbox? Are they really sent? It is important they get to the recipient. Have I done something wrong?
Debbie
Debbie
- 15 Apr 2008, 02:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Canada
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12202
Re: Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Can
Hello everyone,
You guys are awesome in your ability to help in researching family history! I have a feeling my g uncle Antonio Viale came through Canada but if he came before my grandparents, he should be in the records for Quebec up to 1921. Perhaps he came through some other port.
I suppose my ...
You guys are awesome in your ability to help in researching family history! I have a feeling my g uncle Antonio Viale came through Canada but if he came before my grandparents, he should be in the records for Quebec up to 1921. Perhaps he came through some other port.
I suppose my ...
- 14 Apr 2008, 01:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Canada
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12202
Re: Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Can
Thanks for all your help. The Busato's on the manifest and the ones on the Census are the same Ferdinando Busato is married to Maria (Mary) Scomparin who is the sister of my great grandfather. My mother and my aunt use to spend summers on their farm in West Hill and also when they moved to another ...
- 13 Apr 2008, 20:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Canada
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12202
Re: Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Can
I have a copy of my grandfather's death record. The names of his parents are Canadianized. I have their names in the Italian form in my family tree. I remember how excited I was when I found that record (also a record of my infant uncle's death the same year). I just wish everything could be that ...
- 13 Apr 2008, 18:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Canada
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12202
Viale, Antonio: finding Italian relative who came to Canada
I am looking for my maternal grandfather's brother who I believe came to Canada prior to 1922. My grandfather and grandmother came in May of 1922 and his brother was apparently here already.
I am looking for Antonio Viale from Melma, Treviso (Northern Italy). Melma is now Silea. He was likely born ...
I am looking for Antonio Viale from Melma, Treviso (Northern Italy). Melma is now Silea. He was likely born ...