Hi.
Some of you have heard my story before, but I'm still looking for a definitive answer to get some closure.
I applied for citizenship at the NY consulate in July. I went through my great grandfather (my father's mother's father). My grandfather (my father's father) was born in Italy, but ...
Search found 32 matches
- 26 Dec 2007, 09:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Upsetting Italian Citizenship Qualification Paradox
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2685
- 24 Dec 2007, 13:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Appointment wait time
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9411
Re: Appointment wait time
I think it's great that you received it so soon, of course for you, but for me and other new applicants as well. I know of someone who applied in May who recently received theirs after about a six month wait, and now knowing that you received yours leads me to believe that they've already submitted ...
- 19 Dec 2007, 11:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Appointment wait time
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9411
Re: Appointment wait time
I just wanted to make sure I'm reading this right. :lol:
You had your appointment in August of 2007 ? And you got your confirmation letter three and a half months later?
I had an appointment in July of 2007. I'm just wondering what factors contribute to some having longer waits than others.
How ...
You had your appointment in August of 2007 ? And you got your confirmation letter three and a half months later?
I had an appointment in July of 2007. I'm just wondering what factors contribute to some having longer waits than others.
How ...
- 14 Aug 2007, 04:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt over Jure Sanguinis!
- Replies: 25
- Views: 26391
Re: Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt over Jure Sanguinis!
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for taking an interest in my unique situation. I certainly hope that my grandmother's claim through jure sanguinis preempts a possible loss of citizenship through marriage. To be honest, the article of the 1992 citizenship law that I believe the consulate is referring to offers ...
Thanks for taking an interest in my unique situation. I certainly hope that my grandmother's claim through jure sanguinis preempts a possible loss of citizenship through marriage. To be honest, the article of the 1992 citizenship law that I believe the consulate is referring to offers ...
- 31 Jul 2007, 19:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt over Jure Sanguinis!
- Replies: 25
- Views: 26391
Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt over Jure Sanguinis!
Hi all,
It's been a while since I've posted on here. I've been very busy with my citizenship application.
Well, today was the day! I was seen promptly at the New York Consulate at 9:30 am, and everything went very smoothly, except for one hitch.
I am claiming through my great grandfather, here's ...
It's been a while since I've posted on here. I've been very busy with my citizenship application.
Well, today was the day! I was seen promptly at the New York Consulate at 9:30 am, and everything went very smoothly, except for one hitch.
I am claiming through my great grandfather, here's ...
- 11 Jul 2007, 19:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name Discrepancies and the NYC Consulate
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2675
Name Discrepancies and the NYC Consulate
I wanted to start a thread dealing with how the NYC Consulate deals with name discrepancies. I realize that there are many threads dealing with the resolution of name discrepancies already, but most of them pertain to other consulates and to states that are willing to amend or attach affidavits to ...
- 08 Mar 2007, 20:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Better news at last! (Naturalization)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7127
Re: Better news at last! (Naturalization)
I hope they give it back after checking it - my dad would never give it up, and I don't think I would either. I can't really confirm it would take 15 months, but I spoke with someone just yesterday at USCIS, at the Lee's Summit MO address, who told me the wait was on average 15 months for brand new ...
- 08 Mar 2007, 15:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Better news at last! (Naturalization)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7127
Better news at last! (Naturalization)
Something wonderful happened today! After pressing my Dad, he found an old box that I thought we had trashed when we hand-shovelled asbestos out of the basement (we didn't know it back then :lol: )
Under a pile of old photographs, he found my great grandfather's naturalization certificate from 1921 ...
Under a pile of old photographs, he found my great grandfather's naturalization certificate from 1921 ...
- 08 Mar 2007, 14:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: A Sad Story (with some hope)
- Replies: 15
- Views: 14071
Re: A Sad Story (with some hope)
My great grandfather was illiterate. They had to of had difficulty understanding him when transcribing information, as his name is not spelt correctly on many documents.
I have no problem with the country having strict rules on dissemination of certified documents, however I feel that when a person ...
I have no problem with the country having strict rules on dissemination of certified documents, however I feel that when a person ...
- 08 Mar 2007, 04:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: A Sad Story (with some hope)
- Replies: 15
- Views: 14071
Re: A Sad Story (with some hope)
I'm going to try and get a signed affidavit from my aunt and uncles as to the correct spelling of the name. I guess it's the best I can do. I don't see what the big deal is in correcting her name on her birth certificate when I have the death certificate and a gazillion other things with her name on ...
- 06 Mar 2007, 07:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: A Sad Story (with some hope)
- Replies: 15
- Views: 14071
A Sad Story (with some hope)
I've been diligently collecting the documents I need for Italian Citizenship since January. One of the members here, suanj, helped me obtain my great grandparents' birth and marriage certificates from Italy. They arrived far quicker than I expected, and everything seemed to be going well.
The ...
The ...
- 01 Mar 2007, 06:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Vital Records
- Replies: 20
- Views: 18144
Re: Italian Vital Records
In my opinion, it is far easier to find documents from Italy than it is in my state, at least.
Basically, if you're searching either country, you have to know what city your subject is from. Vital records in the US are kept at the local level, just like in Italy. A request to the state level in the ...
Basically, if you're searching either country, you have to know what city your subject is from. Vital records in the US are kept at the local level, just like in Italy. A request to the state level in the ...
- 06 Feb 2007, 20:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Spelling Discrepancy
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3050
Spelling Discrepancy
I'm awaiting my great grandparents birth, marriage, and death certificates from Italy. I have a feeling he may have spelt his last name as 'Nardelli', while over here his daughter and the rest of the family used 'Nardella'.
Do you think the Consulate in New York would have a problem with this, or ...
Do you think the Consulate in New York would have a problem with this, or ...
- 04 Feb 2007, 16:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: World War One Draft Card - Can anyone pull up the image?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4179
Re: World War One Draft Card - Can anyone pull up the image?
Cool, thanks! It's definitely my other great grandfather. I was unsure at first, but the name of the "closest relative" (who proved to be a friend), was confirmed by my dad. Just goes to show that it is important to ask questions, because what might not seem worth mentioning by your relatives can be ...
- 03 Feb 2007, 21:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: World War One Draft Card - Can anyone pull up the image?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4179
World War One Draft Card - Can anyone pull up the image?
I found a World War One Draft Card that may be useful to me on this ancestry.com link. It's under the name 'Frank Frustaglio', from Hudson Co. New Jersey. Can anyone post it for me? I'd appreciate it, as I don't have a subscription to ancestry yet.