Search found 9 matches
- 01 Mar 2007, 23:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname Sgherzi
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19739
Re: Surname Sgherzi
Thanks so much Nuccia!
- 01 Mar 2007, 21:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname Sgherzi
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19739
Re: Surname Sgherzi
Are you Marie's daughter? The one that just got married? I'm Dorothea's sister! We're second cousins!
This is tooooo cool!
From the documents I've looked at alot of the names were mispelled. Probably bc of accents..at least that's my guess. I know my mother said in high school she was known as ...
This is tooooo cool!
From the documents I've looked at alot of the names were mispelled. Probably bc of accents..at least that's my guess. I know my mother said in high school she was known as ...
- 23 Feb 2007, 18:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: is there a 'search' feature here
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10629
Re: is there a 'search' feature here
I found it! thank you!
- 23 Feb 2007, 18:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname Sgherzi
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19739
Re: Surname Sgherzi
Thank you so much Nuccia!!
- 23 Feb 2007, 17:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sgherzi or Carisdeo?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4115
Re: Sgherzi or Carisdeo?
Yes it is!!! Oh my gosh! Thank you!!
The only one missing is my Mother...she was born 2 years later.
The only one missing is my Mother...she was born 2 years later.
- 23 Feb 2007, 17:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: is there a 'search' feature here
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10629
Re: is there a 'search' feature here
I was wondering the same thing! If there was a "search" option so I can enter a surname to see if anyone else has psoted about it.
- 23 Feb 2007, 17:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname Sgherzi
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19739
Re: Surname Sgherzi
Links to the census records that suanj found.
1930 United States Federal Census
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5403/scherzi19300fn.jpg
Name: Frank Scherzi
Home in 1930: Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey
Age: 3
Estimated birth year: abt 1926
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Thomas ...
1930 United States Federal Census
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5403/scherzi19300fn.jpg
Name: Frank Scherzi
Home in 1930: Hoboken, Hudson, New Jersey
Age: 3
Estimated birth year: abt 1926
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Thomas ...
- 23 Feb 2007, 17:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sgherzi or Carisdeo?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4115
Sgherzi or Carisdeo?
I've searched on the Ellis Island site for my Grandfather (Thomas Sgherzi) and my Grandmother (Agata Carisdeo) and was able to find her but not him.
They are from the Rodi, Garganico-Foggia area.
Is there anyone out there familiar with these names?
Thank you!!
They are from the Rodi, Garganico-Foggia area.
Is there anyone out there familiar with these names?
Thank you!!
- 23 Feb 2007, 17:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname Sgherzi
- Replies: 22
- Views: 19739
Re: Surname Sgherzi
I'm a Sgherzi too! My Mothers maiden name is Sgherzi. My grandparents and Aunt came over from Foggia, Italy in 1926 I believe and settled in Hoboken, NJ.
My Grandfather's brothers also came over..Giuseppe and Giovanni.
I wonder if we're related somehow?
My Grandfather's brothers also came over..Giuseppe and Giovanni.
I wonder if we're related somehow?