Mary Jo,
My grandmother maiden name was Coleman. Her father was from Manhattan, NY Xalvar Coleman, he was a news reporter. in the early part of the 1900's.
My grandmother hid alot of information of my father's identity and took that information when she passed away.
My grandmother was married ...
Search found 5 matches
- 29 Mar 2008, 20:31
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: To learn Italin culture and history
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13080
- 17 Jan 2008, 22:40
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: To learn Italin culture and history
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13080
Re: To learn Italin culture and history
I want to thank everyone on the replies for the request of history from Chicago. These will be very useful.
I still have a few questions, my grandmother when she was married to Russo their address at that time was 2756 Trumbull Cicero, Ill. My brother and myself have a copy/letter when Mr. Russo ...
I still have a few questions, my grandmother when she was married to Russo their address at that time was 2756 Trumbull Cicero, Ill. My brother and myself have a copy/letter when Mr. Russo ...
- 03 Oct 2007, 21:27
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: To learn Italin culture and history
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13080
To learn Italin culture and history
I have joined the Italian Genealogy Community in March of this year. I have always had a love to learn the culture and history. My father grew up in Chicago in the 20's.
I would like to know if anyone has the time just to chat and talk about the culture, the food, and the music. It would be much ...
I would like to know if anyone has the time just to chat and talk about the culture, the food, and the music. It would be much ...
- 29 Apr 2007, 00:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Sicilian dialect
- Replies: 73
- Views: 102323
Re: Sicilian dialect
My name is Karen and my profile name is Russo-Demetros.
I would like to learn Sicilian. Right now, as a hobbie I am starting with Ancient Hebrew from the lost language and history of the Sementic tribe. The history of words and how is used is really interesting.
The Italian and Sicilian Lanuage ...
I would like to learn Sicilian. Right now, as a hobbie I am starting with Ancient Hebrew from the lost language and history of the Sementic tribe. The history of words and how is used is really interesting.
The Italian and Sicilian Lanuage ...
- 07 Apr 2007, 04:08
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Chicago Italian Neighbourhoods
- Replies: 8
- Views: 14351
Re: Chicago Italian Neighbourhoods
I am looking for members of the old Chicago Italian Families that lived there in the thirties and forties. My father whose nickname was Buddy was raised around the old neighborhoods. Demetros mostly raised him and my grandmother took to her grave information on my father. His given name was Joe. My ...