I believe this is the reply to the request that suanj helped me with. Can I get help with translation and next step please?
Gentile Signora Keller,
sulla base dell'indicazione dal Lei fornita sono state consultate le liste di leva per l'anno 1867: purtroppo non né emerso nessun nominativo ...
Search found 12 matches
- 02 May 2007, 16:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Italian reply for documents request
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4297
- 01 May 2007, 01:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Name
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4076
Name
Know of anything close to Lephrosono for a man's first name?
- 15 Apr 2007, 18:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: New Information
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3605
New Information
The nephew of my gggrandfather immigrated from Torino in 1900 to live with his uncle in the United States.
Census Records say he was 8 years old and from Rocco, Purmont, Italy. Knowing what I now know about the Provinces...I'm guessing that should be Rocco/a, Piemonte, Italy. His name on the Census ...
Census Records say he was 8 years old and from Rocco, Purmont, Italy. Knowing what I now know about the Provinces...I'm guessing that should be Rocco/a, Piemonte, Italy. His name on the Census ...
- 15 Apr 2007, 18:14
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Records say Rocco, Purmont, Italy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4024
Records say Rocco, Purmont, Italy
Rocco, Purmont, Italy?
I'm thinking that should be Rocco, Piemonte, Italy.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I'm thinking that should be Rocco, Piemonte, Italy.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
- 13 Apr 2007, 19:58
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Rocco
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3434
Rocco
Is there a city named Rocco?
I have a family letter from Torino abt 1938. The letter has been translated twice. One says 'replying to your letter from Rocco" the other other says "Replying to your letter to Rocca"
My quetsion is...is Rocco/a more likely a city or a woman's name?
I have a family letter from Torino abt 1938. The letter has been translated twice. One says 'replying to your letter from Rocco" the other other says "Replying to your letter to Rocca"
My quetsion is...is Rocco/a more likely a city or a woman's name?
- 08 Apr 2007, 00:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Names Questions
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4340
Names Questions
What would be the Italian equivalant to Stephen?
Are there first Italian names for men that begin with Jio___?
Are there first Italian names for men that begin with Jio___?
- 06 Apr 2007, 17:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help??
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14463
Re: Help??
Thank you very much. I have sent the email. Have also written to Concordia's in Torino and family of Marietta Gili at the address from the translated letter.
Still searching records in Alabama for anything on him.
Still searching records in Alabama for anything on him.
- 05 Apr 2007, 22:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help??
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14463
Re: Help??
Have documents. Spoke with Mormon Family History Center and they can not find a death record for any of these names. They put me in touch with a man who has reasearched Walker Co. AL extensively. He tells me yet another name this man was known by. Ceasar 'Moly' DeSefeno. I can't tell you how ...
- 05 Apr 2007, 04:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help??
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14463
Re: Help??
suanj
I found an Ellis Island record with the name Serafino Concordia.
First Name: Serafino
Last Name: Concordia
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: Apr 18, 1896
Age at Arrival: 34 Gender: M Marital Status:
Ship of Travel: Britannia
Port of Departure: Naples ...
I found an Ellis Island record with the name Serafino Concordia.
First Name: Serafino
Last Name: Concordia
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: Apr 18, 1896
Age at Arrival: 34 Gender: M Marital Status:
Ship of Travel: Britannia
Port of Departure: Naples ...
- 04 Apr 2007, 19:49
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help??
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14463
Re: Help??
Found marriage license today and as best as I could make out it was signed Stephano Concordia. All the grandchildren know is that he was an orphan from Turin, Italy. Naturalized in AL in 1941. So maybe this is the end to this branch of my family tree 
- 04 Apr 2007, 03:21
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help??
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14463
Re: Help??
Ok..We have death, naturalization, and marriage records. But he spoke no english and was given a name when he arrived. We're not even sure which name was the given one although he used Sefeno most of his life. I assume that is the Surname that he had in Italy. How would I go about finding the ...
- 03 Apr 2007, 23:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help??
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14463
Help??
My great great grandfather immigrated from Turin. He was not naturalized until the 1940's. I've been told he was also an orphan. The only information that I have is listed below. If anyone can suggest any starting points I would Soooo greatly appreciate it. I don't want our Italian heritage to end ...