Search found 10 matches

by jeffreylocke
07 Oct 2007, 20:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth place not listed on Ship manifest??? PAPA family.
Replies: 8
Views: 8901

Re: Birth place not listed on Ship manifest??? PAPA family

Laura,

I think you are on to something. I took another look at my charts and the info I have on this family from here. His oldest child was JULIA born here in CT in 1902.

Using the census birth date of 1866 for Guiseppe Papa, that would make him 42 when the first child was born, which seems like ...
by jeffreylocke
07 Oct 2007, 18:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth place not listed on Ship manifest??? PAPA family.
Replies: 8
Views: 8901

Birth place not listed on Ship manifest??? PAPA family.

Hello Everyone

You guys have helped me a great deal and now I wonder if you have any suggestions for this dilema...........

Usually when I am lucky enough to find an ancestor’s ship manifest, it lists either town of birth or last town of residence.

I have an ancestor where neither of those is ...
by jeffreylocke
06 Oct 2007, 20:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Genealogist recommendation needed
Replies: 12
Views: 10702

Re: Genealogist recommendation needed

I have TARTAGLIONE in my tree but haven't done enough yet to know if we'd connect.

My ancestor is Guiseppe Tartaglione born 1875 Caserta, Italy. He was a coal dealer. He came over in 1908 and settled in the New Haven CT area.

My website I am working on is below if you want to check it out and sign ...
by jeffreylocke
06 Oct 2007, 20:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anyone researching the name Cagganello?
Replies: 11
Views: 9999

Re: Anyone researching the name Cagganello?

Oh my God, you people are amazing! The info that you provided led to leads to other related lines that I am following. And I was able to solve a mystery that has been bugging me for months.

Thank you thank you!
by jeffreylocke
05 Oct 2007, 04:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anyone researching the name Cagganello?
Replies: 11
Views: 9999

Re: Anyone researching the name Cagganello?

That is probably the americanized spelling. I have seen variant spellings used among the family.

I visited the cemetery today and Vito's headstone spells it CAGGIANELLO.

He came over here from Castelfranco in 1899. many of them settled in Bridgeport, CT but I don't understand yet how they are all ...
by jeffreylocke
03 Oct 2007, 04:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anyone researching the name Cagganello?
Replies: 11
Views: 9999

Anyone researching the name Cagganello?

I have CAGGANELLOs who settled around Bridgeport CT n the early 1900's. Anyone here researching that name?
by jeffreylocke
16 Apr 2007, 23:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Raffaela Onofrio from Benevento, Campania
Replies: 16
Views: 14348

Re: Raffaela Onofrio from Benevento, Campania

Wow--Thank you everyone! I am overwhelmed.

I wasted a couple of days at the library looking at the census and found the family in 1930 but not 1920 or 1910, I was very confused by this, because I KNOW that they lived in NEw Haven -- two of their children are still alive and assured me that they ...
by jeffreylocke
16 Apr 2007, 22:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family Tree Maker software and Italian Genealogy
Replies: 6
Views: 5909

Family Tree Maker software and Italian Genealogy

Hello

I just ordered family tree maker software to help me organize this family history project.

Has anyone used this? Also I have been told that it interacts with online resources and I wonder if anyone has had any success with that, especially in terms of Italian genealogy.

Your opinions ...
by jeffreylocke
16 Apr 2007, 00:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Raffaela Onofrio from Benevento, Campania
Replies: 16
Views: 14348

Re: Raffaela Onofrio from Benevento, Campania

WOW! Thank you Deb! You have spared me a few grey hairs.

I am looking for both US and italian records, but mainly Italian.

I was recently told that the LDS church has a lot of info on Facchio and the people there, but I just heard this yesterday and haven't followed up on it yet.

Then I stumbled ...
by jeffreylocke
15 Apr 2007, 23:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Raffaela Onofrio from Benevento, Campania
Replies: 16
Views: 14348

Raffaela Onofrio from Benevento, Campania

Greetings,

I am new to this board and have undertaken a family history project for my uncle.

His mother was Raffaela Onofrio who was born in Faicchio/Benevento around 1894. Her parents were Giovanni Onofrio and Anna Gianotti.

Raffaela came to the USA at some point and married Antonio Perillo in ...