Search found 7 matches
- 02 Oct 2012, 21:50
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Foundling Homes
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2979
Foundling Homes
I am trying to find information on Foundling Homes in Caserta, Italy around the year 1886. I am assuming that is was probably a Catholic Charity that took in newborns that were left by their parents. And I was wondering if there would be any information at the Church level or Baptismal info even if ...
- 02 Oct 2012, 00:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3343
Re: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
Would anyone be able to give a full translation of this document. I would like to have it to be able to give it to my children along with the original. Thank you.
- 01 Oct 2012, 23:01
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3343
Re: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
Thank you. Where would I find the "allegati di nascita". Is there a place to write to? Would it be kept in the Archives or at the town level? Rumor was he was the child of a high official but I've been told to take that with a grain of salt. Also was he born in the town of Caserta or the provence of ...
- 01 Oct 2012, 22:29
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3343
Re: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
Would you be able to tell me if he was discharged to someone or someplace? Was it a hospital that brought him to register his birth or an orhanage? Trying to see if I can go any further with this. Also I am sure he was probably baptized Catholic but not sure where to start looking for something like ...
- 01 Oct 2012, 20:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3343
Re: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
Thank you so much for all your help.
- 01 Oct 2012, 20:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3343
Re: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
Thank you so much for your help.adelfio wrote:Welcome to the website
1886 Feb 9th in the town of Caserta born a foundling male child named Domenico Gallardi no mother or father listed
Marty
- 01 Oct 2012, 20:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3343
Birth record of Grandfather Domenico Gallardi
I have tried unsuccessfully to translate this document. I can figure out a few words but the script from 1886 is very difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated.