Search found 6 matches
- 12 Sep 2007, 15:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
- Replies: 13
- Views: 17075
Re: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
Isn't there costs for having everything translated and the apostille for documents not in Italy? I meant the overall costs involved in the process....
- 12 Sep 2007, 03:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
- Replies: 13
- Views: 17075
Re: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
So, if there are several of us, (me, my aunt, my sisters, my nephew, my husband...) who are interested in Italian citizenship through my great-grandparents, can we all apply with the same documents? I heard that this is possible. Does that mean we turn in all the documents translated with our birth ...
- 28 Jul 2007, 04:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
- Replies: 13
- Views: 17075
Re: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
Thanks for all the quick replies!
Should I start with finding a "no record" naturalization certificate for my great grandparents? Is the best way to do that through USCIS? Or are there better services to get naturalization, birth and death records?
Do I need the birth, death AND marriage ...
Should I start with finding a "no record" naturalization certificate for my great grandparents? Is the best way to do that through USCIS? Or are there better services to get naturalization, birth and death records?
Do I need the birth, death AND marriage ...
- 25 Jul 2007, 01:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
- Replies: 13
- Views: 17075
Re: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
So, I called the Italian Embassy here in Chicago--three times--and no one answered and the voice mailbox is full. That's not a good sign.
I was trying to call because someone told me you become naturalized automatically after 5 years. . My mother says she thinks her grandparents had her father ...
I was trying to call because someone told me you become naturalized automatically after 5 years. . My mother says she thinks her grandparents had her father ...
- 22 Jul 2007, 20:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
- Replies: 13
- Views: 17075
Re: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
Ciao Riccardo,
I will go to the Italian Embassy here in Chicago this week and find out exactly what I need.
Two more questions though, about naturalization:
You said..."If your great grandfather from Italy naturalized before your grandfather was born then it means that you are not qualified ...
I will go to the Italian Embassy here in Chicago this week and find out exactly what I need.
Two more questions though, about naturalization:
You said..."If your great grandfather from Italy naturalized before your grandfather was born then it means that you are not qualified ...
- 22 Jul 2007, 19:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
- Replies: 13
- Views: 17075
A bit confused on the Jan 1, 1948 clause
So, to clarify the 1948 piece of this puzzle, I would like to know if it sounds like I (and my sisters and parents) are eligible.
Great grandparents both born in Italy
Grandfather born in the U.S.
Mother born in U.S. in 1947
Me
Am I eligible for citizenship?
Does naturalization happen ...
Great grandparents both born in Italy
Grandfather born in the U.S.
Mother born in U.S. in 1947
Me
Am I eligible for citizenship?
Does naturalization happen ...