Hi Stephanie,
I have not been able to find a lawyer who specializes in this specifically. I think your best bet is to call an immigration lawyer and explain what you want to do and ask if it's something they could do. As for me, I can't afford to hire an attorney right now but my daughter will be ...
Search found 48 matches
- 07 Mar 2011, 15:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Do I Need A Lawyer?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5811
- 11 Jan 2011, 15:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Do I Need A Lawyer?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5811
Re: Do I Need A Lawyer?
Thanks Sforza. Will do.
Ande
Ande
- 10 Jan 2011, 18:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Do I Need A Lawyer?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5811
Re: Do I Need A Lawyer?
ZingaraD,
Let's keep in touch here if either one of us finds a lawyer. I think there would be one somewhere. Good luck at the consulate.
Ande
Let's keep in touch here if either one of us finds a lawyer. I think there would be one somewhere. Good luck at the consulate.
Ande
- 10 Jan 2011, 16:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Do I Need A Lawyer?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5811
Re: Do I Need A Lawyer?
Thanks Corrado and Jschotz,
I appreciate your responses. It does seem like quite an ordeal to deal with the courts on this. I don't know if I would have the time to do all that. I know an attorney could be expensive but I may have to hire one to do all the work. It seems like an undaunting task for ...
I appreciate your responses. It does seem like quite an ordeal to deal with the courts on this. I don't know if I would have the time to do all that. I know an attorney could be expensive but I may have to hire one to do all the work. It seems like an undaunting task for ...
- 07 Jan 2011, 20:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Do I Need A Lawyer?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5811
Re: Do I Need A Lawyer?
Thanks Carmine. Yes, my father is also deceased. This is complicated and I may need a lawyer or a service to help.
Does anyone know of any lawyers or services that do this sort of thing?
Ande
Does anyone know of any lawyers or services that do this sort of thing?
Ande
- 07 Jan 2011, 20:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Do I Need A Lawyer?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5811
Re: Do I Need A Lawyer?
Thanks Carmine.
Yes my mother is in the direct line direct line. Her father, who was born in Italy naturalized AFTER she was born in New York. I was born in 1956. My father's father naturalized before he was born so I can't go that route which woild have been simpler as there is no name discrepency ...
Yes my mother is in the direct line direct line. Her father, who was born in Italy naturalized AFTER she was born in New York. I was born in 1956. My father's father naturalized before he was born so I can't go that route which woild have been simpler as there is no name discrepency ...
- 07 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Do I Need A Lawyer?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5811
Do I Need A Lawyer?
Hi Forum Members,
The State of New Jersey Vital Statistics just informed me that they will not correct my deceased mother's maiden name on my birth certificate without a court order. They said it's because there's too much of a discrepency between what I'm saying is her correct name Giusppina Masino ...
The State of New Jersey Vital Statistics just informed me that they will not correct my deceased mother's maiden name on my birth certificate without a court order. They said it's because there's too much of a discrepency between what I'm saying is her correct name Giusppina Masino ...
- 09 Nov 2010, 15:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Correcting Names New Jersey
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1422
Re: Correcting Names New Jersey
Carmine,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't go through my father's line because his father naturalized before my father was born. I have to go through my mother's father which is where the name issues are. I have been unsuccessful in getting a definitive answer from the State of New Jersey ...
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't go through my father's line because his father naturalized before my father was born. I have to go through my mother's father which is where the name issues are. I have been unsuccessful in getting a definitive answer from the State of New Jersey ...
- 08 Nov 2010, 21:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Correcting Names New Jersey
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1422
Correcting Names New Jersey
Does anyone have an idea if the state will correct or ammend my birth certificate and my parents marriage certificate? My mother's maiden name is wrong on both documents. The proof that I have of her correct name is her birth certificate and her death certificate that shows her father's correct last ...
- 04 Nov 2010, 20:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Correcting Birth Certificate/ Marriage Certificate Question
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1211
Correcting Birth Certificate/ Marriage Certificate Question
Hi Forum Members,
I will be applying to have my birth certificate corrected/ammended to have my mother's maiden name corrected on it from Messina to Masino. I will show the State of New Jersey her birth certificate from New York that show her correct first and last names and her death certificate ...
I will be applying to have my birth certificate corrected/ammended to have my mother's maiden name corrected on it from Messina to Masino. I will show the State of New Jersey her birth certificate from New York that show her correct first and last names and her death certificate ...
- 08 Oct 2010, 15:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Could Census Natulalization Record Be Wrong?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3979
Re: Could Census Natulalization Record Be Wrong?
Yes, all my grandparents were illiterate and spoke only a little English. It's the date of naturalization that I'm trying to confirm though.
- 07 Oct 2010, 19:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Could Census Natulalization Record Be Wrong?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3979
Re: Could Census Natulalization Record Be Wrong?
Thanks Carmine. I think the question is that it's possible that he didn't naturalize prior to my father's birth in 1915. If I can find the record then I'll know if I can go through my father's side or not.
Ande
Ande
- 07 Oct 2010, 16:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Could Census Natulalization Record Be Wrong?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3979
Could Census Natulalization Record Be Wrong?
Hi Again,
I might be able to save myself a lot of trouble if my father's father was not naturalized as I originally thought. I've been on the forum several times regarding the discrepencies in my mother's maiden name. On my father's side this wouldn't be a problem. You see, I've been basing all this ...
I might be able to save myself a lot of trouble if my father's father was not naturalized as I originally thought. I've been on the forum several times regarding the discrepencies in my mother's maiden name. On my father's side this wouldn't be a problem. You see, I've been basing all this ...
- 06 Oct 2010, 14:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New Jersey Amending Parent's Marriage Certificate
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2310
Re: New Jersey Amending Parent's Marriage Certificate
Thanks Riccardo.
- 05 Oct 2010, 14:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New Jersey Amending Parent's Marriage Certificate
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2310
New Jersey Amending Parent's Marriage Certificate
Hi All,
I did get through to someone at the state vital statistics and she said they may be able to amend my parents marriage cerificate if I have both death certificates. ( I'm not sure she was very sure of this however) My question is; would I have a better chance of having them do it if my birth ...
I did get through to someone at the state vital statistics and she said they may be able to amend my parents marriage cerificate if I have both death certificates. ( I'm not sure she was very sure of this however) My question is; would I have a better chance of having them do it if my birth ...