Search found 55 matches
- 29 Oct 2007, 13:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Adult son of an Italian Citizen
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4754
Adult son of an Italian Citizen
Although I am going to the consulate on Nov. 26, I'd like some help if one of you know the answer. My cousin is married to a woman born in Puglia. They have two children. Their oldest son is planning to move to Italy before Thanksgiving to work in a family business. When I asked my cousin if he had ...
- 28 Oct 2007, 13:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of short letter to Italy
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6263
Re: Translation of short letter to Italy
Gentile signore,
vorrei ringraziarLa per la sua graziosa aiuta nel ottenere sia l'atto di nasciata` che l' atto di matrimonio del mio nonno e per averli dato al mio amico il 17 settembre 2007.
Per quanto riguarda mia nonna, puo darsi che sia stato un errore nell'anno della sua nascita` percio` la ...
vorrei ringraziarLa per la sua graziosa aiuta nel ottenere sia l'atto di nasciata` che l' atto di matrimonio del mio nonno e per averli dato al mio amico il 17 settembre 2007.
Per quanto riguarda mia nonna, puo darsi che sia stato un errore nell'anno della sua nascita` percio` la ...
- 27 Oct 2007, 17:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Bisnonno a New York.
- Replies: 107
- Views: 101529
Re: Bisnonno a New York.
IoIo,
I'indirizzo di Vincenzo il vecchio e` 245 Grant Avenue, Copaigue, NY. Numero di telefono 631-842-6978. Sembra che lui viva con suo figlio, Guido. E` probabile che questo Vincenzo parla ancora l'italiano o almeno il dialetto siciliano. Perche non provare a contattarlo per telefono. O se ...
I'indirizzo di Vincenzo il vecchio e` 245 Grant Avenue, Copaigue, NY. Numero di telefono 631-842-6978. Sembra che lui viva con suo figlio, Guido. E` probabile che questo Vincenzo parla ancora l'italiano o almeno il dialetto siciliano. Perche non provare a contattarlo per telefono. O se ...
- 27 Oct 2007, 15:10
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Malvito, anyone?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 9274
Re: Malvito, anyone?
The cognome Malvito is taken from Malvito which is in the Provincia di Cosenza, and is up in the mountains, not too far from Santa Caterina Albanese.
- 27 Oct 2007, 14:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Bisnonno a New York.
- Replies: 107
- Views: 101529
Re: Bisnonno a New York.
Ho fatto un po' di ricerca su questo Vincenzo. Visto che hai detto che la famiglia aveva prima residenza a Brooklyn (come la mia), ho cercato di trovare qualcuno con questo cognome ancora residente a Brooklyn. C'e` un Romeo Vincenzo (66 anni) che potrebbe avere una parentela con te. Vive a 7429 62nd ...
- 26 Oct 2007, 14:56
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: casinium
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8474
Re: casinium
Google in gli origini di Cassino, and you will find its name traced from pre-historic times
- 26 Oct 2007, 14:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: Aceto
- Replies: 30
- Views: 34072
Re: Surname: Aceto
There is a Pietroangelo Aceto on the Ellis Island manifest list who came here May 25, l906. He was 23 years old. He listed Santa Caterina as his home town which could be Santa Caterina Albanese which is in the provincia di Cosenza.
- 26 Oct 2007, 14:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: Aceto
- Replies: 30
- Views: 34072
Re: Surname: Aceto
There are still Aceto surnames in Cosenza. Castrolibero is just outside the city. One of my cousins is married to an Enrico Aceto. His father lived in a small village above Paola in the province. He ran a bakery.
- 25 Oct 2007, 20:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: WWI Soldiers Naturalizations
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6185
Re: WWI Soldiers Naturalizations
Salve,
Proprio sulla stessa NARA o anche alla USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, Washington, DC 20529). Se fossi in lei, manderei loro una copia del documento trovato nella lista dei soldati. Piu informazione mandata, piu rapido la risposta.
Buona ...
Proprio sulla stessa NARA o anche alla USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, Washington, DC 20529). Se fossi in lei, manderei loro una copia del documento trovato nella lista dei soldati. Piu informazione mandata, piu rapido la risposta.
Buona ...
- 25 Oct 2007, 13:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Italian as a foreign language to learn
- Replies: 10
- Views: 14359
Re: Italian as a foreign language to learn
Dear Jen,
I think that Rosetta Stone is excellent. I didn't use it myself, but I saw a demonstration, and I think it should make learing Italian easy for self-learners. Of course, it's fun to be in a group and interact with teachers and students. It depends on how much time you have. Good luck!
I think that Rosetta Stone is excellent. I didn't use it myself, but I saw a demonstration, and I think it should make learing Italian easy for self-learners. Of course, it's fun to be in a group and interact with teachers and students. It depends on how much time you have. Good luck!
- 25 Oct 2007, 13:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization papers?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7119
Re: Naturalization papers?
Hi,
Yes, the Petition from the court in Brooklyn, NY, showed my Grandfather taking his Oath of Allegiance in l921, signed by Judge Kelly.
Yes, the Petition from the court in Brooklyn, NY, showed my Grandfather taking his Oath of Allegiance in l921, signed by Judge Kelly.
- 24 Oct 2007, 12:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: What is "wife" in Italian?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 23805
Re: What is "wife" in Italian?
In dialect sometimes you'll see this mugliere which means moglie. It is pronounced "mool yr e". I remember hearing this many times when my parents spoke in Neopolitan, and I've heard this used in Sicily.
- 14 Oct 2007, 21:26
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help needed with one occupation please
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7942
Re: Help needed with one occupation please
Millibobs,
I made a mistake. I think he was a campanaro, one who rings the bell for the Town or church, or he could have been a bell maker. (Fonditore di campane.)
I made a mistake. I think he was a campanaro, one who rings the bell for the Town or church, or he could have been a bell maker. (Fonditore di campane.)
- 14 Oct 2007, 13:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help needed with one occupation please
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7942
Re: Help needed with one occupation please
Milllibobs,
I think that it does not refer to occupation. Rione is the word before it, and that usually refers to the section from which the person comes. Rione or contrada or sestiere.
I think that it does not refer to occupation. Rione is the word before it, and that usually refers to the section from which the person comes. Rione or contrada or sestiere.
- 13 Oct 2007, 12:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Best Italian/English dictionary?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7895
Re: Best Italian/English dictionary?
Hi Peggy,
I use Harrap's Concise Italian. It has a lot of new vocabulary.
I use Harrap's Concise Italian. It has a lot of new vocabulary.