Barbara,
I am so happy that you got my message! I know how wonderful this all is...I am excited and these are only distantly related to me...Maria Giuseppa Dipalma was my great grandmother's first cousin!
I am going back to the library on Tuesday and seeing what else I can track down. Will post ...
Search found 9 matches
- 15 Jan 2008, 00:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
- Replies: 36
- Views: 38811
- 13 Jan 2008, 04:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
- Replies: 36
- Views: 38811
Re: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
Val & Sue...
WHAT GREAT WORK......When I started out I never could imagine getting this much information... I am flabbergasted !!!
I am in the process of digesting everything and printing out what is available from the TWO of you.... Please keep whatever else you have coming... WOW..WOW ...
WHAT GREAT WORK......When I started out I never could imagine getting this much information... I am flabbergasted !!!
I am in the process of digesting everything and printing out what is available from the TWO of you.... Please keep whatever else you have coming... WOW..WOW ...
- 10 Jan 2008, 17:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
- Replies: 36
- Views: 38811
Re: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
Ok. This is very helpful.
The name in Ripabottoni is Dipalma...in the first records it appears as Palma (di) and eventually is Dipalma. Depalma also exists in Italy, but not in this comune. However, many got changed to the alternative spelling in the states because that was how it sounded ...
The name in Ripabottoni is Dipalma...in the first records it appears as Palma (di) and eventually is Dipalma. Depalma also exists in Italy, but not in this comune. However, many got changed to the alternative spelling in the states because that was how it sounded ...
- 10 Jan 2008, 06:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
- Replies: 36
- Views: 38811
Re: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
Well, I was able to find them in the 1920 census:
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3118/frankcharles1920censusqq2.jpg
At this point, his father is dead. There is a 1910 census with a Maria Charles, born 1877 in Auburn NY, but her husband is Leonardo. However, her father-in-law is Raffaele and ...
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3118/frankcharles1920censusqq2.jpg
At this point, his father is dead. There is a 1910 census with a Maria Charles, born 1877 in Auburn NY, but her husband is Leonardo. However, her father-in-law is Raffaele and ...
- 10 Jan 2008, 01:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
- Replies: 36
- Views: 38811
Re: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
Ok...
This makes more sense. Dipalma is also a name from Ripabottoni, like Ciarlo. Did Raffaele Ciarlo (Frank Charles) live in New York his whole life? Who did he marry? What are the names of his children?
When and where did he die? I need to be able to find this family in the census in order to ...
This makes more sense. Dipalma is also a name from Ripabottoni, like Ciarlo. Did Raffaele Ciarlo (Frank Charles) live in New York his whole life? Who did he marry? What are the names of his children?
When and where did he die? I need to be able to find this family in the census in order to ...
- 08 Jan 2008, 23:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
- Replies: 36
- Views: 38811
Re: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
Additionally.
Go to the search portion of the opening section of the forum. Search for Ciarlo. It will lead you to posts by bsnclr...she is related to you. Her Frank Charles was Rafaele Ciarlo, son of Giuseppe Ciarlo and Marie Tamaila. The lived in Auburn, NY.
If you have trouble finding it, let ...
Go to the search portion of the opening section of the forum. Search for Ciarlo. It will lead you to posts by bsnclr...she is related to you. Her Frank Charles was Rafaele Ciarlo, son of Giuseppe Ciarlo and Marie Tamaila. The lived in Auburn, NY.
If you have trouble finding it, let ...
- 08 Jan 2008, 01:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
- Replies: 36
- Views: 38811
Re: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
There is a Frank M. Charles listed in NY 1930 census, married to an Anna. He is in Cayuga. In 1910, he is listed with father, Joseph Charles and mother Mary.
The name is most likly Ciarlo. And since, in 1910, there is a Michele Tamilia listed, it is likely that Joseph (Giuseppe) and wife, as well ...
The name is most likly Ciarlo. And since, in 1910, there is a Michele Tamilia listed, it is likely that Joseph (Giuseppe) and wife, as well ...
- 08 Jan 2008, 01:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
- Replies: 36
- Views: 38811
Re: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
There is a Frank M. Charles listed in NY 1930 census, married to an Anna. He is in Cayuga. In 1910, he is listed with father, Joseph Charles and mother Mary.
The name is most likly Ciarlo. And since, in 1910, there is a Michele Tamilia listed, it is likely that Joseph (Giuseppe) and wife, as well ...
The name is most likly Ciarlo. And since, in 1910, there is a Michele Tamilia listed, it is likely that Joseph (Giuseppe) and wife, as well ...
- 15 Nov 2007, 03:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
- Replies: 36
- Views: 38811
Frank Charles (Ciarla) family roots
I have noticed the name Frank Charles on this site. This is also my Grandfathers name... however his wifes name was Anna. Any info would be helpful to getting me started in finding my roots in Italy. Ciarla was also believed to be the family surname.