Search found 13 matches
- 09 Mar 2008, 18:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Italian nicknames
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7895
Re: Italian nicknames
Thanks, Livio - I thought so, but I wanted someone to verify that for me.
- 07 Mar 2008, 17:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Italian given names
- Replies: 5
- Views: 9172
Re: Italian given names
Thank you both very much - I appreciate the help.
- 06 Mar 2008, 19:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Italian nicknames
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7895
Italian nicknames
When I was a child, I had a couple of great-uncles we called Biase, however, I know their names were Biagio. Is Biase a nickname for Biagio?
Thanks for your helpl.
Thanks for your helpl.
- 06 Mar 2008, 18:44
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Italian given names
- Replies: 5
- Views: 9172
Italian given names
One of our members has been doing a lot of research and has passed along some info that could be linked to my tree. However, two given names are very strange and I have never seen them before - can someone translate them or translate whatever may be similar? They are: Ciriaco - a male name and ...
- 12 Feb 2008, 19:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Passport Applications
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3820
Re: Passport Applications
Thanks, Valarie - I'll try looking there.
- 12 Feb 2008, 18:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Passport Applications
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3820
Passport Applications
How can I review passport applications for my ancestors to came to America?
- 05 Feb 2008, 19:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Southern Italian Names
- Replies: 33
- Views: 43459
Re: Looking for Southern Italian Names
Just want all to know -
Jim (drivingalong) and I linked up one part of our trees. His great-grandfather, Antonio Mazzaferro, was the brother of my great-aunt, Rosa Mazzaferro.
I guess this is what keeps us "digging".
Jim (drivingalong) and I linked up one part of our trees. His great-grandfather, Antonio Mazzaferro, was the brother of my great-aunt, Rosa Mazzaferro.
I guess this is what keeps us "digging".
- 01 Feb 2008, 21:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Picerno & Germano ... Russo, Gamba
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13855
Re: Picerno & Germano ... Russo, Gamba
Hi Jim:
Just adding my Mazzaferro to your list. My great-grandmother was MARIA LOUISA MAZZAFERRO she married my great-grandfather, GIUSEPPE CONTE in Verbicaro. I have all the info on their children.
I'm trying to find other siblings of Maria Louisa. I know her father was BIAGIO MAZZAFERRO and her ...
Just adding my Mazzaferro to your list. My great-grandmother was MARIA LOUISA MAZZAFERRO she married my great-grandfather, GIUSEPPE CONTE in Verbicaro. I have all the info on their children.
I'm trying to find other siblings of Maria Louisa. I know her father was BIAGIO MAZZAFERRO and her ...
- 01 Feb 2008, 21:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Southern Italian Names
- Replies: 33
- Views: 43459
Re: Looking for Southern Italian Names
Another name I have very little on and that is TERESA RICCETTI. She married Giuseppe DeRenzi (probably in Verbicaro) before 1843. They had two children that I know of - Angelo DeRenzi and Maria Elisabetta a, both born in Verbicaro.
Any help or clues?
Any help or clues?
- 01 Feb 2008, 19:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Southern Italian Names
- Replies: 33
- Views: 43459
Re: Looking for Southern Italian Names
One of the names I'm trying to pursue is D'Alesandro . Rosa D'Alesandro married Biagio Mazzaferro (he is from Verbicaro) before 1859. I believe Rosa was from Mormanno, Cosenza, birth date around 1821.
Any help or clues out there?
I'm going to FHC this afternoon to request the microfilms for ...
Any help or clues out there?
I'm going to FHC this afternoon to request the microfilms for ...
- 23 Jan 2008, 21:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Southern Italian Names
- Replies: 33
- Views: 43459
Re: Looking for Southern Italian Names
Thanks for your replay, Joel.
Unfortunately, the name you are researching isn't within my extensive research. But, I guess we all have to keep looking! Good Luck.
Bettina
Unfortunately, the name you are researching isn't within my extensive research. But, I guess we all have to keep looking! Good Luck.
Bettina
- 20 Jan 2008, 20:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Southern Italian Names
- Replies: 33
- Views: 43459
Looking for Southern Italian Names
Buon Giorno: :D
I'm new to this wonderful site. Hopefully, through communication and research on this site, I will be able to find others looking for similar names.
I have a pretty extensive family tree already, but always looking . . .
Names on my tree are Baggetta, Compani (changed from ...
I'm new to this wonderful site. Hopefully, through communication and research on this site, I will be able to find others looking for similar names.
I have a pretty extensive family tree already, but always looking . . .
Names on my tree are Baggetta, Compani (changed from ...
- 19 Jan 2008, 18:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italians in small towns
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4564
Re: Italians in small towns
I have found in my research that when my relatives immigrated, they would always go to the towns/cities of other family members. Back then, immigrants had to be "sponsored" and have an address before they could sail.
My early research showed this to be true, however, over the years my husband's ...
My early research showed this to be true, however, over the years my husband's ...