I used the babel fish translator system from alta vista to type out a short email stating what limited information I had. I'll give that a few weeks.
I hope to get somewhere in all of this; although I have gotten a lot of ground covered; just not enough. I've managed to find my great x5 ...
Search found 8 matches
- 13 Feb 2008, 18:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: english / italian translations
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6027
- 13 Feb 2008, 04:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: citizenship application -- 2 consulates???
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3127
citizenship application -- 2 consulates???
My brother and I are interested in gaining our citizenship through our grandfather. We are still quite a ways away from having ALL the necessary paperwork together to do that, but my brother lives in Florida; I live in Connecticut. I'm the one doing all the legwork in this; which I certainly do not ...
- 13 Feb 2008, 03:45
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: photos of Civo/Dazio/Morbegno
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4395
photos of Civo/Dazio/Morbegno
Does anyone have any photos of Civo, Dazio or Morbegno? I am trying to find photos of the area that my ancestors are from; and I am not interested in the "national geographic" pictures that I can get from Google or Yahoo; I am interested in photos that show the real life in these areas.
Grazie ...
Grazie ...
- 13 Feb 2008, 03:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: english / italian translations
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6027
english / italian translations
I have heard that English is a required course of study for children in Italy. as a mandatory 2nd language. If I were to send an email to the civil records where my grandfather is from, would they be able to read it and respond?
My Italian is VERY limited---mostly what I picked up when my ...
My Italian is VERY limited---mostly what I picked up when my ...
- 13 Feb 2008, 00:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: how do I find birth records from Civo
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10972
Re: how do I find birth records from Civo
The last census information I have is 1930; he was still listed as an alien. And once again, his name was screwed up on those records. It's unreal. Can't anyone spell??? haha!! Anyway -- my next trip is to visit the local Family History Center -- I am hoping that they can get me the information I ...
- 12 Feb 2008, 14:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: how do I find birth records from Civo
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10972
Re: how do I find birth records from Civo
thank you...thank you...thank you all!!! Maybe I can get somewhere with this now. Now, my father was born in 1938; you said that the naturalization process was started in 1939; would that have also ended my father's dual citizenship rights?
You all are the best!!!
Gratzie!!!
ChrisAnne
You all are the best!!!
Gratzie!!!
ChrisAnne
- 12 Feb 2008, 04:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: how do I find birth records from Civo
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10972
Re: how do I find birth records from Civo
Dear Peter...
Thank you for the information. My grandfather was born June 10, 1909. I had heard about going to the Mormon's and I had planned on doing that.
Our entire lives we had thought our grandfather's name was Joseph (Giuseppe); yet in finding his Ellis Island records; it lists him as Giosue ...
Thank you for the information. My grandfather was born June 10, 1909. I had heard about going to the Mormon's and I had planned on doing that.
Our entire lives we had thought our grandfather's name was Joseph (Giuseppe); yet in finding his Ellis Island records; it lists him as Giosue ...
- 12 Feb 2008, 03:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: how do I find birth records from Civo
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10972
how do I find birth records from Civo
HELP!!! My grandfather was born in Civo -- unfortunately that is all the information we have. We know his mother's first name; and her maiden name; at least what we believe is her maiden name. My grandfather's father was killed in a farming accident either slightly before he was born or very soon ...